Reasons to be Cheerful

4 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

To paraphrase a tweet from Jon McClure (Reverend and the makers)...XR want the working class on their side, don’t disrupt them, don’t come across middle class fuckwits and target those in power, punch up not down.

Some common sense. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Yep. Definitely my spirit animal. I am going to carve your name into my next sourdough emoji7.pngI see someone remembers when referees stopped Ryan Jack from earning a living emoji23.png
What a load of melodramatic shite

Wtf are you talking about Frodo?

All caused by those on the train.
They didn't start the fight, I'm sure they would have been quite happy to get arrested and call it a day. Which would have resulted in 2 arrests and a pretty simple process, now it won't be simple, I'm not sure you can pin the violent reaction of others on the protestors.

That really worked out well for the eco clowns, hopefully the same thing happens at their next disruptive stunt.

Hard to know, as you keep going on about a loss of earnings they may see it as a success, however, I doubt anyone else will. The companies keep extra cash and the normal folk who keep the local economy going are out of pocket. Their the protest damaged the economy due to people being late for work or it caused no impact and the people shouldn't worry if their train is delayed.

2 minutes ago, Adam101 said:
12 minutes ago, bennett said:
That really worked out well for the eco clowns, hopefully the same thing happens at their next disruptive stunt.

Hard to know, as you keep going on about a loss of earnings they may see it as a success, however, I doubt anyone else will. The companies keep extra cash and the normal folk who keep the local economy going are out of pocket. Their the protest damaged the economy due to people being late for work or it caused no impact and the people shouldn't worry if their train is delayed.

Some privileged wanks got a taste of the real world today,  their protest has lost them a lot of support.

Just now, bennett said:

Some privileged wanks got a taste of the real world today,  their protest has lost them a lot of support.

Not sure I live in the same "real world" as you when folk get battered lying on the ground.

I would agree today has got folks backs up.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Dee Man said:
Where can one view this footage of Tarquin getting a shoeing?

In the link I posted further up.

Nice one.

The guy on the roof of the train attempted to boot the guy who was trying to get him off so he had what was coming to him.

London has the largest financial centre in the world and these clowns try to put a dent in the economy by making Alan the fork lift driver 2 hours late for work and losing him £19 in the process. That'll really stick it to the man. 

The only disappointing thing about the video is that the electric train didn't drive off and rip that vegan bint's arms out of her sockets. Or the skin from the palms of her hands at least. 

Who's stopping them? The guy on the train or the person in charge of their salary?
You're suggesting unionising and challenging bosses for more pay which are both pretty ridiculous suggestions when faced with the immediate prospect of losing a day's pay (or being held up from going home to see their family after a night shift).

Of course in the long term you're right - but this twat on the train was their immediate problem. I'm quite glad they dragged him down although the violence afterwards was clearly uncalled for.

My biggest issue with it is the stupid choice of protest. Of all the things you can do in London you choose to go and disrupt the lives of commuters. Seriously bad tactics, and hopefully they'll learn from it. It's a vital issue that needs to be kept high on the political agenda.

You're suggesting unionising and challenging bosses for more pay which are both pretty ridiculous suggestions when faced with the immediate prospect of losing a day's pay (or being held up from going home to see their family after a night shift).

Of course in the long term you're right - but this twat on the train was their immediate problem. I'm quite glad they dragged him down although the violence afterwards was clearly uncalled for.

My biggest issue with it is the stupid choice of protest. Of all the things you can do in London you choose to go and disrupt the lives of commuters. Seriously bad tactics, and hopefully they'll learn from it. It's a vital issue that needs to be kept high on the political agenda.
Pretty sure the point he was naking is not that these people should tip up late one day and respond by shouting about more pay.

More that is people are pushed to violence for fear of what loss of pay might do to them, perhaps its time to consider that they need to protect themselves from their employer aswell as protestors?

Who are they going to boot f**k out of when its leaves on the line that costs them a couple of hours, or perhaps more appropriately, buckled tracks in the next record heatwave?

I'm all for booting f**k out of these protesters. Stop aiming for the everyday working schmucks like us who in some cases, might get reprimanded for being late through no fault of their own. 

I'm 100% for climate protests, absolutely for them until something major is done to change what's happening. Absolutely for them, I was even part of one recently where around 60,000 walked through the city. 

However, I'm dead against random, ill-thought ideas like jumping on top of underground trains that are actually a benefit as things stand. If you've got a shortage of brain power to understand how dangerous this is to begin with, start fucking with people's livelihoods and lash out... well, you've got it coming. 

Start targeting those that are benefiting the most from fucking everything up- the mega rich and the politicians. They're the people that can really change things as society stands right now. 

Pretty sure the point he was naking is not that these people should tip up late one day and respond by shouting about more pay.

More that is people are pushed to violence for fear of what loss of pay might do to them, perhaps its time to consider that they need to protect themselves from their employer aswell as protestors?

Who are they going to boot f**k out of when its leaves on the line that costs them a couple of hours, or perhaps more appropriately, buckled tracks in the next record heatwave?
That middle paragraph stocks out a mile as such an abstract concept when most folk are just trying to get to their work without getting shit for being late or losing time or money.

Yes, in theory, they should be considering their place in this grand scheme of things.

Unionising a zero hour contractor? Nae bother, I'll get that done on Monday morning. Give up my life and work on a farm with fresh air in my lungs and healthy vegetables for my kids? I'll do that on Tuesday.

Folk are just trying to get on. I don't in any way condone the violence here - the protester appears to be a twat rather than anything more dangerous. But drag him off the train? Absolutely. And I think that would happen in Glasgow as well.

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Unionising a zero hour contractor? Nae bother, I'll get that done on Monday morning. Give up my life and work on a farm with fresh air in my lungs and healthy vegetables for my kids? I'll do that on Tuesday.

When I worked a 0hr contract I didn't get penalised for being late due to transport disruption. This is bread and butter union or management relationship stuff it can be easily managed and is nothing like changing your life completely.

That middle paragraph stocks out a mile as such an abstract concept when most folk are just trying to get to their work without getting shit for being late or losing time or money.

Yes, in theory, they should be considering their place in this grand scheme of things.

Folk are just trying to get on. I don't in any way condone the violence here - the protester appears to be a twat rather than anything more dangerous. But drag him off the train? Absolutely. And I think that would happen in Glasgow as well.
If Weegies boot f**k out of terrorists it's safe to say they would have no bother dragging some arsehole off a train as you say [emoji38]