Reasons to be Cheerful

8 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

It was Caoimhe as it happens but it's the surname that's fucking folk up. It's a pretty common name but using a Gaelic spelling so when I say it they're like "That's not how you spell it."

Pronounced Queefer according to the internet. Not surprising people thought you were taking the pish. :lol:

16 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

“Keeva”?

15 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

It was Caoimhe as it happens but it's the surname that's fucking folk up. It's a pretty common name but using a Gaelic spelling so when I say it they're like "That's not how you spell it."

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Pronounced Queefer according to the internet. Not surprising people thought you were taking the pish. :lol:

Thank you.

Knew one a few years back,  total wid apart from the deedly o'deeldy accent.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Should it not be Radar, Ident and Attack? 

Yes indeed, however it's just the way they've examined us. As a whole, it's all the A&I system with the radar being the main sensor involved. 

FWIW, we detect, track, identify, prioritise, engage, combat steer, prime, guide and then all being well, kill. 

8 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Sounds extremely sinister. Is this for blowing up hospitals with drones?

If that's what floats your boat. 

Was almost into the PTTGOYN thread for a second night running as Mrs B is out and I feared shitey Carabao cup was the only football on TV. Step forward Hibs v Aberdeen. Very pleased.

And that’s me persuaded. One tin of T, opened! Come on you reds! As they say...

56 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Should have googled it before the exam. Surprising how much is public. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praetorian_DASS

There's nothing sensitive there at all. That's just a basic overview. Day one stuff if you like. 

How it actually does what it does and the techniques used that are the sneaky beaky bit. It is very clever I have to say, as all the systems I've been learning about are. It's going to get even better too in the not too distant future.