Reasons to be Cheerful

4 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

There is scope to resit but you have to have a day minimum recap session which can be fitted into the practical phases. It's tight though, the course is now two weeks shorter than it used to be but they've not taken away two weeks content. It's all about getting us back out working sooner. 

Can you pass the whole thing without passing every exam then? Or is it like individual Scout badges you put on your CV?

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Can you pass the whole thing without passing every exam then? Or is it like individual Scout badges you put on your CV?

No, you can't. You have to pass every exam to be awarded the qualification.

Ultimately, it's up to your boss if you return to unit or stay until the school can fit you in to recap and resit. The school is pretty good though, they try and work around as best they can. Three strikes and you're out though. Sent back to unit and at some point, return to do the whole course if you are to be let loose on the aircraft. 

After being diagnosed with a detached retina at the start of June, and having had to have 2 eye operations over the summer at Great Ormond St, one of my mini ranters has just measured a 75 on the Snellen eyesight scale, having been at 120 last week (smaller is better in this case).
how did you manage to do that? sounds painful!

Just now, ah-dee said:
14 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:
After being diagnosed with a detached retina at the start of June, and having had to have 2 eye operations over the summer at Great Ormond St, one of my mini ranters has just measured a 75 on the Snellen eyesight scale, having been at 120 last week (smaller is better in this case).

how did you manage to do that? sounds painful!

Despite having every test going, they still don't know how he did it.

1 minute ago, Boghead ranter said:

It's my wee boy that's got it, not me.

Got you. I thought "ranters" was a mispelling of retinas. Didn't question why you were in Great Ormond Street as a grown man. Doh

Glad the wee one is doing better.

Edited by Margaret Thatcher