Reasons to be Cheerful

On my way to Manchester for a few days. Love that place.

Love the accent. People all sound af too from my experience.

Anyway. Bought and been living in my flat for a month now, settled, and I'm off to Napier to do my degree after hearing back from them this morning, works putting me through it, be on 4 days a week at work 1 through at Uni. Both things I wanted to do this year done.. And it's Friday. Delighted. :)

Anyway. Bought and been living in my flat for a month now, settled, and I'm off to Napier to do my degree after hearing back from them this morning, works putting me through it, be on 4 days a week at work 1 through at Uni. Both things I wanted to do this year done.. And it's Friday. Delighted. [emoji4]

Well done Likkktie.

Hope they compliment your neck tattoo and whichever socks you decide to tuck them into

I got ten new pairs of socks as well but didn't want to mention that on here for obvious reasons. I love a good wee shop at sports direct.

26 minutes ago, throbber said:

I got ten new pairs of socks as well but didn't want to mention that on here for obvious reasons. I love a good wee shop at sports direct.

When are you picking up the Pitt Bull?

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Anyway. Bought and been living in my flat for a month now, settled, and I'm off to Napier to do my degree after hearing back from them this morning, works putting me through it, be on 4 days a week at work 1 through at Uni. Both things I wanted to do this year done.. And it's Friday. Delighted. :)

When are you inviting P&B For the hoosewarming then?

Anyway. Bought and been living in my flat for a month now, settled, and I'm off to Napier to do my degree after hearing back from them this morning, works putting me through it, be on 4 days a week at work 1 through at Uni. Both things I wanted to do this year done.. And it's Friday. Delighted. [emoji4]

It's a brilliant city. Always love visiting.

I've got a soft spot for the accent too though probably not in the same way that you do...

Went to The Alchemist for cocktails. That place is just incredible.

12 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Congratulations! How long will it take you to get a degree at one day a week? More than I ever did though come to think.

Congratulations! How long will it take you to get a degree at one day a week? More than I ever did though come to think.

Cheers!!!

And it would be 7 years normally but because of my experience and qualifications I jump into the 3rd year, so I'll be going 5 years, I'll graduate at 28.

5 years of 4 day weeks in the office though. Superb. [emoji1360][emoji6]

17 hours ago, The Naitch said:

It's a brilliant city. Always love visiting.

I've got a soft spot for the accent too though probably not in the same way that you do...

Went to The Alchemist for cocktails. That place is just incredible.

I stay in The Mercure just round the corner. Have you been in The Crafty Pig on Oldham Street? The food and beer are dynamite.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

QS guy at Napiers a saints fan, that's all I can add.

Unfortunately for you, when you get to your final year project evaluation you'll be relied on so heavily, you'll be doing the work for essentially 3/4 others. Assuming you know what you're doing in your current job. Suspect you're coming from a different background though so maybe not. (That's not me having a go btw!)

QS guy at Napiers a saints fan, that's all I can add.

Unfortunately for you, when you get to your final year project evaluation you'll be relied on so heavily, you'll be doing the work for essentially 3/4 others. Assuming you know what you're doing in your current job. Suspect you're coming from a different background though so maybe not. (That's not me having a go btw!)

What do you mean ill be doing the work for 3 or 4 others?

Been Quantity Surveying (construction and private) now for 7 years, done my training with a construction company and completed it in 2012, been on the client side of things for 3 and a half year now. Should be ok considering most others will have probably been doing it for a shorter period of time?

Looking forward to it regardless, my works great too, if im over loaded with work or whatever they'll let me get uni stuff done in there.

What do you mean ill be doing the work for 3 or 4 others?

Been Quantity Surveying (construction and private) now for 7 years, done my training with a construction company and completed it in 2012, been on the client side of things for 3 and a half year now. Should be ok considering most others will have probably been doing it for a shorter period of time?

Looking forward to it regardless, my works great too, if im over loaded with work or whatever they'll let me get uni stuff done in there.

You'll be in a group with people who have gone straight to uni. Essentially these people know nothing and the part timers end up doing all the work as they're the only ones who know what is expected.

On 26/08/2016 at 12:56, 1320Lichtie said:

I hope your neighbours don't mind the rebel tunes and rampant racism. :(