Reasons to be Cheerful

25 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Rory McIlroy saying he probably won't even watch the Olympics golf and will instead focus on "stuff that matters". What a boi.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jul/12/rory-mcilroy-i-will-not-watch-olympic-golf-because-it-does-not-matter-jordan-spieth-rio-games

The same Rory McIlroy who called the Ryder Cup an exhibition, before the rest of the Europeans got him telt?

His is definitely an opinion I'll listen to.

Are those alpacas in the field and are you looking out towards Rum and Skye?

Correct on both points, although not sure Skye is visible just now.

First time on the Isle of Coll for 12 years and it's still as beautiful as I remember it to be.

Went to a beach at the north of the island today with the kids, saw some seals and they were incredibly close to the shore...

57854243ba050_ImageUploadedByPieBovril14

If you are where I think there should be quite a big white house to your left by the field of alpacas? If so I know the owner and have enjoyed lunch looking out his big window over to Rum & Skye.

Were the seals this close?

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1468351420.131622.jpg

Spot on mate, it's a lovely house. We're in the little white cottage about 100 yards or so along the road.

You've got me beat there! In my defence, I wasn't in the water at this point and used no zoom, they were pretty close!

56 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

That picture of the seal was on Islay a couple of weeks ago. Was just a young one that got curious and came up really close to the rocks we were standing on.

We're you out clubbing 

11 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

*Were*

I'm not that bothered about a wee typo, you shite flinging, tramp abuser.

Went to a beach at the north of the island today with the kids, saw some seals and they were incredibly close to the shore...

You'd like the Ythan up at Newburgh (Aberdeenshire). There's been a few times I've wandered along the beach there and there have been seals coming within a few metres, some of them being quite naive probably because they've grown up used to seeing plenty of people along that stretch of sand. Guarantee a close encounter by taking a small dog along with you to feed them with.

Separately, I once had a seal grab my flipper whilst swimming around Durness. Saw the thing pop it's head up a few times, gradually getting closer and closer until it disappeared and then... whoosh! Dragged underwater for a few seconds as it wondered what the hell those flappy things attached to my feet were. General rule of thumb I've noticed is that if they come towards to you then it's safe enough*, unless you have a dog of course.

*might be terrible life-threatening advice. Atlantic Seals would have me running a mile though, those things are huge, and not just the teeth.

12 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Butterscotch border biscuits.

Greatest biscuit ever.

In my work we regularly freebies from who we supply. I can come home with 1000 teabags, 6 boxes of tunnocks and just yesterday I got 2 bags of all butter shortbread.

Borders give us absolutely nothing (unless the office staff are stealing it all before it gets to us minions). 

Therefor - Borders = Arseholes. 

Edit - Office Staff = Arseholes, too. :angel

Edited by Deeboy

17 hours ago, smpar said:

Going to America for a week later this month 

If you hire a car ensure that both your tail lights are working and that you remain Caucasian. Assuming that you are Caucasian of course.

If you hire a car ensure that both your tail lights are working and that you remain Caucasian. Assuming that you are Caucasian of course.

If you happen to be African-Murican, pack a sniper rifle in the trunk just incase you visit Dallas.

#goodforcedsuicideadvice

5 hours ago, Deeboy said:

In my work we regularly freebies from who we supply. I can come home with 1000 teabags, 6 boxes of tunnocks and just yesterday I got 2 bags of all butter shortbread.

Borders give us absolutely nothing (unless the office staff are stealing it all before it gets to us minions). 

Therefor - Borders = Arseholes. 

Edit - Office Staff = Arseholes, too. :angel

What a  freeloader. There's children in Africa starving while you scoff your ill gotten, undeclared goodies. Then you have the cheek to call G-bo out. There is no place for you on the moral high ground.