Reasons to be Cheerful

No matter how hard Philpy tries, he will never be able to not see a set of cock and balls every time he looks at his garden from the top window now.

Every day he walks on it he'll like musicals a little bit more.

Good one philipy!

I'm going to the Stockbridge duck race today, probably get a few beers in Hectors while I'm out as well so should be a good Sunday!

Hectors? You'll be skint, drinking in Stockbridge. We've got 18 people coming over for a bbq today, should be good as long as the weather holds out.

My Dad died peacefully in his sleep tonight. Unusual place to post this maybe, but 2 weeks ago we were walking down to the local for a half pint of Guinness (him) most afternoons, and he would have been 94 this August. Still charming the nurses till the end. Not a bad way to go. 

My Dad died peacefully in his sleep tonight. Unusual place to post this maybe, but 2 weeks ago we were walking down to the local for a half pint of Guinness (him) most afternoons, and he would have been 94 this August. Still charming the nurses till the end. Not a bad way to go.

Sorry for your loss, pal. It's never going to be a happy time, but you seem relatively relaxed about it and not too traumatised. It's a cliché but at least he's at peace now, no more pain anymore. Probably a slight bit of relief for yourself too.

93 though? Hats off to your old man, that's some age to make it to!

Sorry WB.

Good innings, relatively decent way to go, and other stuff that doesn't really help in the short term. Hope yourself and your family are coping.

Sorry for your loss, WB. Condolences 

That's how I'd choose to go though. Peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming like his passengers.....