Reasons to be Cheerful

Today was a glorious sunny day of 30 degrees so I decided to take a stroll through the City centre with my daughter.......Some of the women on show were absolutely magnificent!  :wub:

Got a couple of pet degus yesterday. They seem like good c***s

Are the happy to be handled? I always look at them in the cages and think they look like right unsociable b*****ds.

The best small pet is by far the rat. Great wee creatures, super clean, love to be handled and don't bite. Would certainly recommend a rat to anyone wanting a first pet for their kid. Hamsters and gerbils can get fucked.

Are the happy to be handled? I always look at them in the cages and think they look like right unsociable b*****ds.

The best small pet is by far the rat. Great wee creatures, super clean, love to be handled and don't bite. Would certainly recommend a rat to anyone wanting a first pet for their kid. Hamsters and gerbils can get fucked.

post-31698-0-03634000-1467355854.jpg

It apparently takes a week or so for them to become tame as they gradually get to know you. At the moment, they are happy to take food from my hand, sit on my hand or run up and down my arm.

They're quite low maintenance but good to watch as they're constantly on the move

No you'll always be Edward Scissorhands

Wishful thinking. Would love a go at klepto Winona.

It apparently takes a week or so for them to become tame as they gradually get to know you. At the moment, they are happy to take food from my hand, sit on my hand or run up and down my arm.

They're quite low maintenance but good to watch as they're constantly on the move

Aye that sounds similar to rats. I used to always wash my hands before handling them as well just so they didn't smell food traces on my hands.

After a few days that didn't need done as they were used to me.

Surprised to hear that about Degu, I always assumed them to be the opposite to how you describe them. Keep us informed :)

I've known a few folk who've said similar, including a boy I went to school with who would always have his rat sitting about on his shoulders when you saw him in the street. He claimed the thing pined for him when he had to leave it at home.

Then again, I've also known a couple of folk who've claimed tarantulas are some of them most affectionate creatures you'll find, but f**k that shit   :wacko:

Rats are great pets. I've had two over the years, not together though, one after the other. *Kenneth Williams.jpeg*

The first one was a female albino and was really clever and agile, the second one was a male, also white, but not albino, and he was really stupid and clumsy and had enormnous baws that kind of trailed along behind him. As they were domestic pets and fed regularly they grew quite large, particularly the male, who by the end must have been around 2 feet long, body and tail of equal 12" length. After about two years for the female and three years for the male they became reclusive and their behaviour changed, which is a clear sign something is wrong. A quick trip to the vet and a wee jag and goodnight vienna. Vets reckon that as rats are inbred as f**k they probably have a genetic disposition towards cancerous tumours. When the female's behaviour changed I was bitten by her whilst cleaning her cage, a c**t of a bite that caused blood to shoot like a water pistol from my finger where her wee needle teeth had punctured me. Totally out of character for her as she loved to be handled and played with and to run around on me. With the male he just stopped moving about very much and stayed within the lower level of his cage and particularly inside his wee sleeping hut thing. He had been accustomed to being free range so that was a clear sign. We had set up two separate cages with a walkway linking them at the top on top of a table inside an alcove and the two cages were left open and he just wandered back and forth between them doing his own thing. Once he stopped moving about it was clear he was gubbed. Never replaced him after that, couldn't be arsed cleaning the cages anymore.

#RatTales

I originally got two females dwarf rats. I then got another, then later another. I reckon if my missus hadn't put the foot down I'd have continued to bring more in. Absolutely brilliant creatures. The first one got put down aged 3 and a half. Came back from holiday and she was walking around the cage with her head down and body up, clearly had a stroke. Quite sad as she was on the first but the softest (temperament) and most relaxed. She was the one that I would get out the cage to introduce to other folk. I changed a few folks opinions on rats after owning them. Anyway, after she went it was a domino effect. The last one died a lot younger than the other 3. I genuinely put it down to the lack of social stimulus. I was always told to get them as a pair as they thrive on company. And as 4 they all got on.

The sister to the one that died (first one) was squeaking like f**k the night I got her put down. Had never heard her squeak before then. I'm convinced it was due to the loss. It wouldn't surprise me as they are extremely intelligent animals. Was pretty sad hearing hearing it and watching her run around the cage as if she was looking.

I originally got two females dwarf rats. I then got another, then later another. I reckon if my missus hadn't put the foot down I'd have continued to bring more in. Absolutely brilliant creatures. The first one got put down aged 3 and a half. Came back from holiday and she was walking around the cage with her head down and body up, clearly had a stroke. Quite sad as she was on the first but the softest (temperament) and most relaxed. She was the one that I would get out the cage to introduce to other folk. I changed a few folks opinions on rats after owning them. Anyway, after she went it was a domino effect. The last one died a lot younger than the other 3. I genuinely put it down to the lack of social stimulus. I was always told to get them as a pair as they thrive on company. And as 4 they all got on.

The sister to the one that died (first one) was squeaking like f**k the night I got her put down. Had never heard her squeak before then. I'm convinced it was due to the loss. It wouldn't surprise me as they are extremely intelligent animals. Was pretty sad hearing hearing it and watching her run around the cage as if she was looking.

My mate worked in the chunky chicken factory in Coatbridge. He said you could see it in the chicken's eyes they knew what was coming.