Reasons to be Cheerful

Moved over at end of april. Wife wanted to move home before wee one was at school. Got a job doing what i did in uk at double salary... easy choice i think

Edit for bad speeling

I was taking the piss.

You should mention it more often :P

Do they sell Sapporo over there or is it just a pretend Japanese beer that is only sold over here?

They do. I prefer Yebisu or Asahi though.

It's available from vending machines on every street. And the top of Mt Fuji.

Very true but that's mainly their soft drinks.

Probably doesn't taste the same as here though. I used to quite like Red Stripe over here. Bought some the first time I went to Jamaica and it was shit over there. Probably the different water used to brew it though.

I haven't tried the Sapporo here yet so wouldn't know but the Asahi is exactly the same.

Is Karaoke compulsory in Japan?

They tend go to places that have karaoke rooms as opposed to karaoke bars which are few and far between.

Do you also get soiled knickers from these vending machines?

P&B must know.

You can buy lingerie in the vending machines in the Love Hotels. Not sure that they're soiled though.

I've been to Japan like six times and nae c**t has even mentioned karaoke to me. Mind you I didn't get into many conversations, pretty much just trailed around the whole time staring at women.

This. This is what my life has become.

For the last 2 and a half years I've had to drive the shitiest wee dinky car I've ever owned since I first passed my test and drove a clapped out old Metro. Needs must and all that at the time, had to do it as I changed jobs and took a big pay cut, but today I ordered my new car and it arrives in three months and I can't wait to see the back of the heap of junk that I swear would be better at going up a hill if it had a hole in the floor and I used my feet Fred Flintstone style.

Can't wait.

For the last 2 and a half years I've had to drive the shitiest wee dinky car I've ever owned since I first passed my test and drove a clapped out old Metro. Needs must and all that at the time, had to do it as I changed jobs and took a big pay cut, but today I ordered my new car and it arrives in three months and I can't wait to see the back of the heap of junk that I swear would be better at going up a hill if it had a hole in the floor and I used my feet Fred Flintstone style.

Can't wait.

Quite right! You need something a bit better for driving your new arrival round in :) how's the wee one doing?

Quite right! You need something a bit better for driving your new arrival round in :) how's the wee one doing?
  She's doing brilliantly, thanks :)
What are you getting rid of and getting into Ruggy?
Getting rid of a shitey Corsa and getting a top range Mazda 3 fastback.

Blazing hot here today so taps aff in the garden with my putty-white skin on display to anyone unfortunate enough to drive past. RTBC is that I'm sipping a Guinness Float. Haven't had one in ages and it's doing the job nicely.

My Dad has broken his hip. Hopefully a straightforward operation tomorrow morning but he'll be in hospital for at least a week, maybe longer. He's pretty comfortable zonked out on morphine. The RTBC is I'll be able to watch the EUROs in my local beer garden while other people look after him.  :thumsup2