Reasons to be Cheerful

Never heard of ASMR before, so I googled it. Here's from an Independent article...

Aye, it's a term that YouTubers have recently made up. Folk seem to feel better about things when they have a medical-sounding term to point to, even if it means hee-haw in the real world.

I ken what he means about QVC though - I'd watch the hell out of someone having to talk about a pack of blank tapes for 10 minutes, knowing there's some p***k in his ear demanding that he spin it out longer before the ad break, like those Chewin' the Fat sketches :lol:

Talking about braingasms as the article says, strongest ASMR ever was sitting studying in a library across from a Spanish foreign exchange student who was wearing a perfume that must've been bottled from Helen of Troy's armpits. Overwhelmingly luscious and scarily debilitating full-on brain, cranium, scalp buzz, sat there for about half an hour indulging in wave after wave of perfume waft.

18-year old me obviously did f**k all about it, never even found out the name of the perfume. I'd probably have ended up living on the street if I had found out tbh, stealing from various cosmetics stores to feed my addiction.

I think we've all been there.

Not with the same Spanish student, obviously :P

Fell asleep on the train? Where were going anyway?

Worse, chatting away to some girl completely oblivious to where I was (on a stretch of line I'm very familiar with). Was heading to Lairg to catch the only bus of the day to Durness. Overshot Lairg and ended up in Golspie.

Worst bit is that it sat at the station for 5 mins waiting on another train to pass. Girl I was talking to never noticed the stop either. Got there in the end though! :)

Worse, chatting away to some girl completely oblivious to where I was (on a stretch of line I'm very familiar with). Was heading to Lairg to catch the only bus of the day to Durness. Overshot Lairg and ended up in Golspie.

Worst bit is that it sat at the station for 5 mins waiting on another train to pass. Girl I was talking to never noticed the stop either. Got there in the end though! :)

Did you aye, game on mate! :P

I'm convinced ASMR is some kind of weird sexual thing. There must be a group of lassies out there who get the tingles from hearing a fat man's belly wobble.

What's your pleasure, Mr 19QOS19? :P

Trust me, there are. They love it more than a pig loves three inches of Tory.

There are worse places to end up than Golspie, some fine P&B posters hail from there.