Reasons to be Cheerful

34 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

They have been. Most of their actions this week were like that. Embassies, financial institutions that invest in environmental destruction, the treasury and other government departments.

On a slightly separate note, I don't get why people are so keen to make out like XR are massive hypocrites. It's as if some people think the only ones entitled to protest inaction on climate change are people living in caves and sowing naturally fallen leaves together for clothes. I find that weird. Do people feel personally attacked by XR or something? They are protesting environmental destruction and human and animal suffering. If that's not your bag, so be it, but why do so many people feel the need to kind of undermine them (or revel in it when they undermine themselves)? They're not coming after you. They're coming after the billionaires who profit off your suffering. I don't get the animosity.

Unless I've missed any comments, I haven't seen any animosity on here towards them apart from that particular protest which unneccessarily targeted the working class. 

Can we get back to Reasons to be Cheerful please? The last few weeks have confirmed to me that hee-haw is going to be done about climate change, and this thread isn't helping!

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

They must be, they don't have to work.

You know this how?

Maybe they took leave/holidays or pulled a sickie? Maybe they weren't scheduled to work on the days of the protest?

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You know this how?

Maybe they took leave/holidays or pulled a sickie? Maybe they weren't scheduled to work on the days of the protest?

When I was young and took sickies they were either in pursuit of, or recovery from drink.

What has the world come to?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

That's right m8, I was being 100% entirely serious. 

Imagine having to explain that, FFS. 

tenor (2).gif

No bud, amazingly enough I didn't actually think you meant it literally. You were expressing approval though, no? 

A first away day to Arbroath for fully fifteen years*; it feels like Christmas morning here on the glorious Clyde Riviera.

Related image

*cue ridiculous postponement at 11am

A first away day to Arbroath for fully fifteen years*; it feels like Christmas morning here on the glorious Clyde Riviera.
X4dL.gif&key=38928b02d422b4fd253ee5c56353b2cdbe34d35055b04d47008d0fa128463817

*cue ridiculous postponement at 11am

I hope a seagull steals your food and shites on you.

Guest Moomintroll

I will be swimming with Sand Tiger Sharks & Stingrays tomorrow afternoon, therefore I will be munchitycrunchitied, will miss Rab B's second coming & you lucky people will no longer have to read my posts.

3 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
11 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:
A reason to be cheerful indeed.

How rude.

3 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
11 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:
A reason to be cheerful indeed.

How rude.

Every time I go to Costco or Makro, i'll pause for a minute in your memory  😀

11 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

I will be swimming with Sand Tiger Sharks & Stingrays tomorrow afternoon, therefore I will be munchitycrunchitied, will miss Rab B's second coming & you lucky people will no longer have to read my posts.

Will you get photos, even if it's some of your foot or henry halls disappearing into the deep blue in a shark or stingray's mouth ??   😃

Post the photos in the "Things You Want To Share With Chondrichthyes" thread.