Reasons to be Cheerful

Idk people moved to violence because something delays them getting to work is abjectly tragic
If it was a one off I would agree. But haven't these militants been causing havoc for a while now?

I don't agree with folk getting violent but good on the ones who ripped them down from the train. Arseholes.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

If it was a one off I would agree. But haven't these militants been causing havoc for a while now?

I don't agree with folk getting violent but good on the ones who ripped them down from the train. Arseholes.

This was their first day of (failed) action on the underground system.

I'm not sure I would agree that lunging for someone stood on top of a train is a good idea, if you push them rather than grab them they will probably die and you'll be in the nick.

6 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Idk people moved to violence because something delays them getting to work is abjectly tragic

Middle class wanks stopping working class people from using public transport, which they supposedly want people to use in order to cut down pollution. 

Just now, MixuFixit said:

If XR blocked my route to work I'd smile and go home and tell my boss why I couldn't get in. Unless you're a doctor or a nurse what sadsack gives so much of a f**k about getting to work they drag someone off a train?

Most people will lose a days pay which they probably can't afford to lose, some may even get sacked.

11 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Let’s just ignore that fuckface started the violence by kicking the lad in the heed 

This was their first day of (failed) action on the underground system.
I'm not sure I would agree that lunging for someone stood on top of a train is a good idea, if you push them rather than grab them they will probably die and you'll be in the nick.
I wasn't talking specifically about the Underground.

If XR blocked my route to work I'd smile and go home and tell my boss why I couldn't get in. Unless you're a doctor or a nurse what sadsack gives so much of a f**k about getting to work they drag someone off a train?
All very well if you have an understanding boss.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

Most people will lose a days pay which they probably can't afford to lose, some may even get sacked.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

I wasn't talking specifically about the Underground. All very well if you have an understanding boss.

We are all talking about London? This isn't a city famed for a lack of transport in fact the station is close to bus and DLR routes if you had to avoid the underground.

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Militants? I wasn't aware they were tooled up.

We are all talking about London? This isn't a city famed for a lack of transport in fact the station is close to bus and DLR routes if you had to avoid the underground.

That's an argument for unionising, not dragging someone off a train.
So the public should are the ones that should be more considerate and leave this lot to do what they like? ;)

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

So the public should are the ones that should be more considerate and leave this lot to do what they like? ;)

Well they would have looked pretty daft if everyone had left the platform to get on another tube/bus/train. I personally think their protest today was pretty clumsy and has opened them to a whole new level of criticism however I don't think dragging anyone from the roof of a train and giving them a scheme booting whilst they lay on the floor was a proportionate response.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

If you don't want dragged off a train then don't act like a twat.  People struggling to get by aren't going to take kindly to being stopped from earning a living. 

The clowns were stopping electric trains ffs.

Well they would have looked pretty daft if everyone had left the platform to get on another tube/bus/train. I personally think their protest today was pretty clumsy and has opened them to a whole new level of criticism however I don't think dragging anyone from the roof of a train and giving them a scheme booting whilst they lay on the floor was a proportionate response.
I don't agree with the booting. I think anyone who kicks someone on the deck is a complete scumbag. But I'd rather the public took them off the train than waste more police resources on them having to go and remove them.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

If you don't want dragged off a train then don't act like a twat.  People struggling to get by aren't going to take kindly to being stopped from earning a living. 

Today was about slowing the economic activity of the city not highlight greener transportation - please have some knowledge of why they were there before going great guns

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

I don't agree with the booting. I think anyone who kicks someone on the deck is a complete scumbag. But I'd rather the public took them off the train than waste more police resources on them having to go and remove them.

This will have caused a bigger headache for the police than if the police had removed the 2 protestors - they now have large scale public order to deal with and identify at least 10 folk from one clip, that could take months. If you see someone breaking the law call the police rather than take things into your own hands

1 minute ago, Adam101 said:

Today was about slowing the economic activity of the city not highlight greener transportation - please have some knowledge of why they were there before going great guns

That really worked out well for the eco clowns, hopefully the same thing happens at their next disruptive stunt.

To paraphrase a tweet from Jon McClure (Reverend and the makers)...XR want the working class on their side, don’t disrupt them, don’t come across middle class fuckwits and target those in power, punch up not down.

This will have caused a bigger headache for the police than if the police had removed the 2 protestors - they now have large scale public order to deal with and identify at least 10 folk from one clip, that could take months. If you see someone breaking the law call the police rather than take things into your own hands

All caused by those on the train.

Yep. Definitely my spirit animal. I am going to carve your name into my next sourdough [emoji7]

I see someone remembers when referees stopped Ryan Jack from earning a living [emoji23]
What a load of melodramatic shite