Reasons to be Cheerful

• 2 weeks later...

VAR. Absolutely loving the seethe it's already causing with everyone down the road, in particular the pundits. The best thing today was that they were almost questioning why it's in the game. Do they think FIFA have just come up with such a thing out of thin air? It's been brought in because these fuckwits have been screaming out for it for years.

I'll actually react like Randy Marsh if VAR cuts off an important goal for Engerland at some point. Ideally with Lawrenson commentating and Wright in the studio.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

VAR. Absolutely loving the seethe it's already causing with everyone down the road, in particular the pundits. The best thing today was that they were almost questioning why it's in the game. Do they think FIFA have just come up with such a thing out of thin air? It's been brought in because these fuckwits have been screaming out for it for years.

I'll actually react like Randy Marsh if VAR cuts off an important goal for Engerland at some point. Ideally with Lawrenson commentating and Wright in the studio.

This.

I fucking hate the whole idea of VAR, but the seethe it generates is tremendous.

45 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

In terms of England, you can trace the wailing for it back to Frank Lampards goal that never was against Germany in 2010. Fucking hell that was tremendous.

46 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

In terms of England, you can trace the wailing for it back to Frank Lampards goal that never was against Germany in 2010. Fucking hell that was tremendous.

What a day that was. I was in a pub in Australia with Germans to my left and English to my right. Absolute #scenes

Today I had a wee chuckle when I remembered a few times we had a substitute teacher in high school. A common occurrence was for her (normally her, normally non native) to send a piece of paper around for everyone to put their names on.

Clearly, half the lesson was taken up with coming up with funnynames for her to read out.

What tournament was it wright just sat there with the petted lip, absolutely huffing and on verge of tears when England went out. Think wright Philips was at the tournament but the reaction was beautiful. BBC money at its best.

Guest Moomintroll
What tournament was it wright just sat there with the petted lip, absolutely huffing and on verge of tears when England went out. Think wright Philips was at the tournament but the reaction was beautiful. BBC money at its best.
Tbf, that first part is every tournament he is involved in. My favourite was when the Bunfields beat them & he just sat there going "I aint sayin nuffink, i dont wanna talk about it",in spite of the fact he was actually getting paid to fucking talk about it.

Today I had a wee chuckle when I remembered a few times we had a substitute teacher in high school. A common occurrence was for her (normally her, normally non native) to send a piece of paper around for everyone to put their names on.

Clearly, half the lesson was taken up with coming up with funnynames for her to read out.

Different but it reminded me of a time we played Chinese whispers at school. I was the second last person in the circle. I later discovered the original message had someone made it to me relatively close to the original, almost unheard of in that game. I decided to completely change it to "Queen of the South are the world's greatest team" for the lassie to pass on to the teacher. I don't know what was funnier: the lassies reaction when I gave her the message or the fact every single person turned to me once the teacher read it out.

As has been said, almost every tournament! But I'm positive it was the game where Iceland "unexpectedly" knocked them out where he was almost in tears.

On 19/08/2019 at 01:12, GTG_03 said:

What a day that was. I was in a pub in Australia with Germans to my left and English to my right. Absolute #scenes

9 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:
1 hour ago, Dee Man said:
I had to go to page 3 to find this thread you miserable c***s. 
Anyway, Perth, Western Australia is set for it's hottest winter day on record at 28c tomorrow emoji41.png

Is that good

Perfect weather plus the missus and me are both off work so probably go down the beach for a perv ice cream. 

Perfect weather plus the missus and me are both off work so probably go down the beach for a perv ice cream. 
Do you want us to ship out some bottles of spring water for your summer? Takes a while if you don't want to pay for air freight. Mind not to use it on the lawn though.

On 19/08/2019 at 20:35, 19QOS19 said:

Different but it reminded me of a time we played Chinese whispers at school. I was the second last person in the circle. I later discovered the original message had someone made it to me relatively close to the original, almost unheard of in that game. I decided to completely change it to "Queen of the South are the world's greatest team" for the lassie to pass on to the teacher. I don't know what was funnier: the lassies reaction when I gave her the message or the fact every single person turned to me once the teacher read it out.

As has been said, almost every tournament! But I'm positive it was the game where Iceland "unexpectedly" knocked them out where he was almost in tears.

We did that and half way through someone said “mr x is a w****r” and the next person pished themselves and passed it on. Got to the end last person blurts out “err mr x is a bus driver” The original was some quote from a philosopher apparently.

The look on the teachers face was the best bit and he couldn’t do anything about it.

:lol:

Edited by D.A.F.C