Reasons to be Cheerful

3 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Outstanding.

The people were as friendly as they come, and it was ridiculously cheap. I spent the entire weekend drinking, and I think I spent about £100 from the moment I landed until I left.

Think I'll go next Spring. Via Montenegro looks the cheapest way, bus or ferry to Shkodër.

58 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Outstanding.

The people were as friendly as they come and it was ridiculously cheap. I spent the entire weekend drinking and I think I spent about £100, from the moment I landed until I left.

Yeah that definitely sounds like a Scotland trip.

Think I'll go next Spring. Via Montenegro looks the cheapest way, bus or ferry to Shkodër.

There are no ferries to Shkoder. There are two minibuses a day from Ulcinj and they sometimes fill up the day before but the bus system in Montenegro is great and you might be able to buy a ticket online beforehand. Otherwise you'd need to get a spot on a long distance bus.

You can also fly to Corfu and get the fifteen minute ferry across. There are some decent places down that part of Albania (Gjirokaster, Berat) but I prefer the north, depends what you're after I suppose.

49 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

There are no ferries to Shkoder. There are two minibuses a day from Ulcinj and they sometimes fill up the day before but the bus system in Montenegro is great and you might be able to buy a ticket online beforehand. Otherwise you'd need to get a spot on a long distance bus.

You can also fly to Corfu and get the fifteen minute ferry across. There are some decent places down that part of Albania (Gjirokaster, Berat) but I prefer the north, depends what you're after I suppose.

Cheers. Looks like there's a direct bus from Podgorica to Shkoder now, maybe the long distance one you mentioned.

https://busticket4.me/EN/1121-1748-254-254-0/0-1/Podgorica-Shkoder/24-11-2018/Old_Town_Travel

Outstanding.

The people were as friendly as they come and it was ridiculously cheap. I spent the entire weekend drinking and I think I spent about £100, from the moment I landed until I left.
Same here. Changed €200 at the airport, got about 24k LEK. When I got back to the airport to leave I had over 10k left.

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:
6 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Outstanding.

Same here. Changed €200 at the airport, got about 24k LEK. When I got back to the airport to leave I had over 10k left.

Me and my brother changed £200 between us and got  28k LEK. Had 3k left Sunday morning which paid for taxi to the airport and a couple of bottles of water when we got there. Spent out exactly to the last penny. 

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

How was the language barrier?

They spoke better English than most of the Scotland fans. 

My stepdaughter gave me a full body massage today!

TBF and not be creepy, she gave me one of her pre-paid massage sessions as she has to use them up by the end of the year [emoji2]