Reasons to be Cheerful

Aye this. I try to sneak upstairs but have to avoid the two of them seeing me, then try to time the opening/closing of the baby gate so they wont hear it and kick off. Murder.
When my niece and nephew were about your size they banged on the toilet door while I was having a shite and asked what I was doing. "I'm having a most excellent poo." They collapsed in giggles and repeated it endlessly for weeks which annoyed their parents no end. 

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

When my niece and nephew were about your size they banged on the toilet door while I was having a shite and asked what I was doing. "I'm having a most excellent poo." They collapsed in giggles and repeated it endlessly for weeks which annoyed their parents no end. 

Only really greenied for the first line tbh.

Anyway, as is the flow of the conversation, I am sat on the pan right now. As in, right this minute typing. Door is wide open, house is gloriously empty. 

My 6 yo son says he is away for a shite. Gid father that I am. His Scottish is getting there.

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:
20 hours ago, welshbairn said:

My 6 yo son says he is away for a shite. Gid father that I am. His Scottish is getting there.

He should be saying 'jobby' until he's 16. 

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

He should be saying 'jobby' until he's 16. 

No, can't do that. He needs to know the real deal.

By 16 he'll probably be scoring for Forfar against Dundee in the 3 div...least of our worries:( (and getting capped for Thailand)....sorry must add, him standing proud at the world cup and me you thinking what a great game we played against Albania in 2018 . Shite eh?

Edited by SlipperyP

New doctor in work is an Irish lass with a very Irish name. Obviously cannae tell folk her name but it has SIX mixings of letters that you only see in Irish/Gaelic that sound differently to what ye would expect in English. "mh" = v and "aoi" = e and all that stuff.

So all the departments are wanting to speak to new doctor and phoning up asking for her with terrible attempts to pronounce the name and getting irate at me saying that's not how it's pronounced OR they've already heard her name and been asking how to spell it to send an e-mail and just straight up refusing to believe me when I give them the spelling. I had one very posh sounding consultant going absolutely raj at me and demanding to speak to the duty manager to complain about me only to have a grovelling apology twenty minutes later.

Not supposed to be on the phones this week but this has made it totally worthwhile.

New doctor in work is an Irish lass with a very Irish name. Obviously cannae tell folk her name but it has SIX mixings of letters that you only see in Irish/Gaelic that sound differently to what ye would expect in English. "mh" = v and "aoi" = e and all that stuff.

So all the departments are wanting to speak to new doctor and phoning up asking for her with terrible attempts to pronounce the name and getting irate at me saying that's not how it's pronounced OR they've already heard her name and been asking how to spell it to send an e-mail and just straight up refusing to believe me when I give them the spelling. I had one very posh sounding consultant going absolutely raj at me and demanding to speak to the duty manager to complain about me only to have a grovelling apology twenty minutes later.

Not supposed to be on the phones this week but this has made it totally worthwhile.
Is it Saoirse? Because I only learned how that sounds about a week ago. I actually quite like it.

I work in an Irish office and the UK calls asking for colleagues are hilarious.
My phone is for a specific scheme and my team aren't difficult names so it doesn't happen often. Aoife is one struggled with ayohfee being front runner. Ciara gets pronounced keeyara.
Niamh is another struggled with but then again someone called regarding a macinteery that had me stumped till I realised it was macintyre

My moneys on Roisin.

Oh for the days when all Irish were called Paddy or Mick. Hopefully Brexit will see these glorious days return.

1 minute ago, Swarley said:
7 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Oh for the days when all Irish were called Paddy or Mick. Hopefully Brexit will see these glorious days return.

Paddy is pronounced "Shu-vaughan".