• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

13 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Just back to work after a few days off, and nobody's changed my seat settings for once.

More of a PTTGOYN, but I went into work yesterday morning and was greeted with the sight of my monitors, keyboard and phone in different places to where I had left them the night before, thanks to the cleaners. Took me ten minutes to get everything sorted back to the way I like it. Wasn’t best pleased.

2 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

More of a PTTGOYN, but I went into work yesterday morning and was greeted with the sight of my monitors, keyboard and phone in different places to where I had left them the night before, thanks to the cleaners. Took me ten minutes to get everything sorted back to the way I like it. Wasn’t best pleased.

yeah, it's like when you actually knock your rear-view mirror in the car, you never get back to the exact way it was.

Maddie Moate demonstrating how hot the inside of her mouth is.

I need a lie down.
She is fucking fantastic.

1 hour ago, WeAreElgin said:

Maddie Moate demonstrating how hot the inside of her mouth is.

I need a lie down.

frustrated_obama.JPG

Watched the England game last night in a pub that is usually mainly populated by Indian, Chinese & a smattering of Europeans. Last night it was pretty busy with English guys (fair enough), one of the guys there is an older guy, who I’ve exchanged pleasantries with in the past- anyway, before England scored he used the term “wog” to describe one of the Panamanians.
I asked him to curb his racism which he duly did.
That’s not my RTBC, another English guy arrived just as England went 2-0 up & promptly told the other guys “have they mentioned 66 yet? It’s embarrassing you lot are wetting your pants”
To cut a long story not very short, the chap sat next to me & told me he was from Wigan & asked where I was from, I told him Montrose & he said he had been there on the way back from watching Aberdeen. Turns out he has no interest in English football, has followed Aberdeen since he was a child despite having no connection to the city - he liked their strip & started supporting them purely because of that. We then had a pleasant evening discussing the merits of old firm / new firm in the 80’s, Aberdeen’s UEFA cup win, Super Cup etc. Thoroughly nice guy. That’s my RTBC.

Only a day and a half left of this holiday. Can't wait to get back home, even though it's mostly been a pleasant time.

2 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

Watched the England game last night in a pub that is usually mainly populated by Indian, Chinese & a smattering of Europeans. Last night it was pretty busy with English guys (fair enough), one of the guys there is an older guy, who I’ve exchanged pleasantries with in the past- anyway, before England scored he used the term “wog” to describe one of the Panamanians.
I asked him to curb his racism which he duly did.
That’s not my RTBC, another English guy arrived just as England went 2-0 up & promptly told the other guys “have they mentioned 66 yet? It’s embarrassing you lot are wetting your pants”
To cut a long story not very short, the chap sat next to me & told me he was from Wigan & asked where I was from, I told him Montrose & he said he had been there on the way back from watching Aberdeen. Turns out he has no interest in English football, has followed Aberdeen since he was a child despite having no connection to the city - he liked their strip & started supporting them purely because of that. We then had a pleasant evening discussing the merits of old firm / new firm in the 80’s, Aberdeen’s UEFA cup win, Super Cup etc. Thoroughly nice guy. That’s my RTBC.

If that story was about a guy from Aberdeen who supported Nottingham Forest, you'd have been calling him everything.

21 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

If that story was about a guy from Aberdeen who supported Nottingham Forest, you'd have been calling him everything.

Very possibly, but it’s the “bucking the trend” aspect that cheers me.

I know plenty of Scottish guys who don’t even have a Scottish team, you know- the c***s that are die-hard Man U, Man City, Chelsea fanatics. 

21 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

40 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

The equivalent of 6 months salary hitting my account tomorrow. No shite job to go to on Monday. My liver will post the same thing on the PTTGOYN thread, but f**k it.

Neymar earns the equivalent in a couple of days.

19 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

He's a c**t.

He speaks highly of you.

Finish at 12:30pm today and the work are firing on a BBQ and free bevy.  With the weather as it is, it's shaping up to be a belter of a day.  Although, previous runs of these sessions have included under-cooked burgers and cans of Stella which were 6 months out of date, so it's a bit of a lottery.

On 26/06/2018 at 13:41, Brother Blades said:

Very possibly, but it’s the “bucking the trend” aspect that cheers me.

I know plenty of Scottish guys who don’t even have a Scottish team, you know- the c***s that are die-hard Man U, Man City, Chelsea fanatics. 

Not really bucking the trend though. For guys of a certain age, it's very much glory hunting to be an Aberdeen fan from outwith Aberdeen, just like the same way there's folk in their 40s in Oxford and the likes who've grown up supporting Liverpool.

Burd asleep on the sofa, two kittens asleep peacefully not under the sofa for once, football on laptop and a glass of rose wine. 30 degree taps aff weather all weekend.

YAS!