Reasons to be Cheerful

Just now, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Bet theres some amount of absolute banter merchants on social media offering them loans etc

I didn't know you followed me on Twitter :unsure2:

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

No wonder after @DA Baracus 's tales.

I've never been on this thread before.

Anyway, they're in trouble because so many folk have successfully claimed against them for irresponsible lending.

23 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Is there scope to get a loan from them just before they go bust, they die and I don’t have to pay them back? Shower of horrible fucks so it’d be sweet to be part of their demise.

No. You'd still owe the money, but to the administrators instead of Wonga, and you'd still have to pay.

Anyway, you don't want to get involved with such companies.

I actually applied to them last week as I needed money for booking flights and accommodation for the Pars game in Boreham Wood. Got rejected! Ended up getting a loan from another company and due to my massively shit credit rating it was one of the only ones who would lend to me, although obviously at a much worse rate. I am a fucking idiot.

But I was skint and desperate. Will be paying the fucker off for a few months amd paying back almost double what I borrowed.

I'm a fucking clown.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyway, they're in trouble because so many folk have successfully claimed against them for irresponsible lending.

Sorry, reflex post, and you're quite right.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No. You'd still owe the money, but to the administrators instead of Wonga, and you'd still have to pay.

Would they not just owe a percentage in the pound? Being a Dunfermline fan you'd know more about that than me. 

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Sorry, reflex post, and you're quite right.

Nothing to apologise for!

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Would they not just owe a percentage in the pound? Being a Dunfermline fan you'd know more about that than me. 

Sorry, I wasn't actually involved in the administration of the club.

Anyway, it was 0p in the pound. Wonga have assets, i.e. their creditors (the folk they've lent to) so there would be no need for any sort of deal.

Anyway, you don't want to get involved with such companies.
I actually applied to them last week as I needed money for booking flights and accommodation for the Pars game in Boreham Wood. Got rejected! Ended up getting a loan from another company and due to my massively shit credit rating it was one of the only ones who would lend to me, although obviously at a much worse rate. I am a fucking idiot.
But I was skint and desperate. Will be paying the fucker off for a few months amd paying back almost double what I borrowed.
I'm a fucking clown.

b*****d, I’d loved to have helped in these shysters demise.
Tighten the belt and pay it back on time and it’ll be worth it once you have. These trips always are mate!

1 minute ago, NJ2 said:

b*****d, I’d loved to have helped in these shysters demise.
Tighten the belt and pay it back on time and it’ll be worth it once you have. These trips always are mate!

Yeah that's the plan.

Wonga are actually one of the better payday lenders. Not that any of them are good, but they're one of the least worst. They're pretty good to deal with and won't harass you and call your work phone for one.

Still a horrible shower of shite mind. 

20 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Don’t mean to get personal, but how much interest do people pay to these scumbags?

APR is quite high. Often up to 1500%.

However if you're borrowing over a week or two it's usually 'only' about £20 or so, obviously depending on how much you borrow. That's why so many of these companies have a minimum of at least £100. Wonga were almost the only one who's minimum was £10. 

Edited by DA Baracus