Reasons to be Cheerful

My other half has been offered a new job after being going through a redundancy process since February.

Hopefully brings an end to a horrible three year saga where one of us has been either unemployed / at risk, minus the short-lived two weeks between me getting a new job (albeit at much reduced salary) and her getting the bad news just as we thought things were finally sorted.

F***ing delighted. [emoji1]

What happens in that scenario? 

Can she just put her hand up and take her redundancy? 

No, but she was made redundant from her normal role and has been taking internal short term contracts for admin temp roles, the current one which is up in a couple of weeks (and there aren't any more suitable ones available).

After that she'll be out the company with redundancy package, stepping into new company a few weeks later. Some rather good luck, been due for a while.

Eta: that said, guess there was good luck in having those extra roles available, unlike my company.

Trying to enjoy my meal at BK and the wee brat in the seat behind me is kicking f**k out of the seat, I turned round to see what was going on only to see the mother give me a 'so fucking what look'
2 minutes later the cow starts choking on her Double bacon XL.
Fucking Karma.

Trying to enjoy my meal at BK and the wee brat in the seat behind me is kicking f**k out of the seat, I turned round to see what was going on only to see the mother give me a 'so fucking what look'
2 minutes later the cow starts choking on her Double bacon XL.
Fucking Karma.

Will be disappointed if you didn't return the "so fucking what" look!

Pretty much bought my first ever house, bizarrely despite moving from a one bedroom house in the middle of nowhere, to a two bedroom in a popular area, we'll be paying less every month on a mortgage than we are renting. Seems back to front to me.

Pretty much bought my first ever house, bizarrely despite moving from a one bedroom house in the middle of nowhere, to a two bedroom in a popular area, we'll be paying less every month on a mortgage than we are renting. Seems back to front to me.

Welcome to the rat race. It's miserable.

Rates are supposed to be brilliant just now too. What percentage did you get? I fixed at 2.37 which was by far the best I could get but a month later after Brexit someone told me they were 1.4 or something, mental.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Rates are supposed to be brilliant just now too. What percentage did you get? I fixed at 2.37 which was by far the best I could get but a month later after Brexit someone told me they were 1.4 or something, mental.

Fairly sure it was 3.4