Reasons to be Cheerful

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

3 shifts before I'm off for a fortnight and if the kid arrives in that time I'll have my 3 weeks paternity leave so potentially off for 5 weeks :)

Whatever you do, please, please, please for f**k sake, don't cut the cord.

4 hours ago, The Naitch said:

We're going to Hampden! :D

Hopefully with a more credible display than we managed earlier this month then. My current RTBC though is the absolutely glorious seethe caused by Gavin Gunning, absolutely bossing the cup tie when Morton sworded his former team; whose puny fanbase tried and failed to hound the unruffled colossus. So much effort for so much fail for their pathetic city team. 

14441217_10153849097567681_1161483465217773260_n.jpg

11 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

3 shifts before I'm off for a fortnight and if the kid arrives in that time I'll have my 3 weeks paternity leave so potentially off for 5 weeks :)

How did you manage to get three weeks paternity?

How did you manage to get three weeks paternity?

It was an option. The form said 1,2 or 3 weeks and I decided to go for 3. Don't get me wrong, only one week is full pay. The other two are £100 or something like that, but I'd rather be there for the first couple of weeks. I can always make more money. I'm guessing 3 weeks isn't normally an option in places?

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It was an option. The form said 1,2 or 3 weeks and I decided to go for 3. Don't get me wrong, only one week is full pay. The other two are £100 or something like that, but I'd rather be there for the first couple of weeks. I can always make more money. I'm guessing 3 weeks isn't normally an option in places?

My only option was 1 week or 2 weeks, and neither were full pay, statutory only.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

My only option was 1 week or 2 weeks, and neither were full pay, statutory only.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't want to come over all VT (Oh god!)

But you all need to make better career choices.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Just now, KnightswoodBear said:

I don't want to come over all VT (Oh god!)

But you all need to make better career choices.

I work for an American company, I'm lucky to get any leave at all. Fortunately the job is piss easy and the money's fantastic so take the rough with the smooth.

12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I gave you a wee green, but when the kids arrives, you have ZERO days off, never mind 5 weeks. Enjoy:thumsup2

Two weeks paid paternity leave at my work. The fortnight was enough to be honest. Going back just to work was great just to get a breather.

It's amazing being a new Dad, but if you've got decent size family and number of friends, there'll be visitors coming to meet the new baby on a daily basis. It's a pretty hectic time.

I dunno if it's just a guy thing, but the amount of blokes I've heard say they were getting fed up of people constantly being at their house is incredible.

It's to be expected but I can imagine certain people being at my house will start to piss me off :lol: