Reasons to be Cheerful

I often wonder if that's part of the reason the neds drink Buckfast: because it's iconic in Scotland.

How anyone can drink that shite is beyond me. Horrible stuff. It appears to be a 'fashion' statement more than anything else.

El Dorado is Scotland's native tonic wine: it can still be found on optics in select bin pubs on the Clyde Riviera. Buckfast was an import restricted to darkest Lanarkshire until about twenty years ago.

12 minutes ago, Wren Road said:

El Dorado and Buckfast are very similar, Buckfast is just a lot sweeter. Although El Dorado has made a big comeback recently, even has a thistle on the bottle iirc

Eldee seems to come in full fat and possibly a semi skimmed version.

2016-09-17-12-07-53-2106025541.jpeg

2016-09-17-12-07-59--585692471.jpeg

Four Crown sherry was not to be sniffed at. Neither were the rest, the secret in drinking them all, was not to smell them.

There was a close relative of Four Crown available in the Ibrox area in the early 70's called 365. I remember a bottle being thrown on to the park during a game and everyones favourite disgraced footballer W Johnston having a swig out of the bottle and lobbing it back into the crowd