Reasons to be Cheerful

Driving in this morning, at the turn-off from the motorway the traffic was very slow. Next to me was a van. We were doing maybe 10mph and the passenger window of the van rolled down.

A big dog then stuck it's head out of the window. It was just enjoying the air in it's face. I've no idea why but this (maybe the look on the dog's face) cheered me up no end.

16 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Driving in this morning, at the turn-off from the motorway the traffic was very slow. Next to me was a van. We were doing maybe 10mph and the passenger window of the van rolled down.

A big dog then stuck it's head out of the window. It was just enjoying the air in it's face. I've no idea why but this (maybe the look on the dog's face) cheered me up no end.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

My dog loves the van. It’s like he thinks he’s going to work and being useful for once. He also likes a wee convertible I’ve got and stands by it if we walk by, asking to go for a spin with the roof down. 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Snoopy.jpg

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

There are few things in life more joyful than seeing a big daft dug sticking its head out of a car/van window

• 2 weeks later...

Adidas had a big sale on Monday. Ordered a pair of Ultraboosts for $57 (down from $190) and the last Scotland home top for $45 down from $90. Came on Wednesday. Thursday another box appears with the same shoes on the same invoice number. Livechat Adidas explaining situ and that I'd like to pay for them and just keep them given it was such a good deal - really I was hoping they'd say oh just keep them and not notice they'd made a cockup later on and charge the card they have on file. Agent said just keep them. Nice. 

3 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Adidas had a big sale on Monday. Ordered a pair of Ultraboosts for $57 (down from $190) and the last Scotland home top for $45 down from $90. Came on Wednesday. Thursday another box appears with the same shoes on the same invoice number. Livechat Adidas explaining situ and that I'd like to pay for them and just keep them given it was such a good deal - really I was hoping they'd say oh just keep them and not notice they'd made a cockup later on and charge the card they have on file. Agent said just keep them. Nice. 

Good on them. I got sent a doubler by an electronics retailer* years ago because they sent the order out in two goes and picker #2 presumably didn't know part of the order had already been filled. They wanted me to send the extra back at my own cost. When I said I'd not be doing that, the lassie on the phone said she'd need to speak to someone higher up as they didn't have a process for refunding shipping on returns. Never heard back from them.

*which I won't name as I'm not 100% which one it was anymore.

Finally managed to finish the Fife coastal path. 117 miles of walking, has taken a few years because i have only managed small chunks here and there. Word to the wise. Anyone doing the last chunk of it from wormit bay, there are a lot of steep hills. 

5 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Finally managed to finish the Fife coastal path. 117 miles of walking, has taken a few years because i have only managed small chunks here and there. Word to the wise. Anyone doing the last chunk of it from wormit bay, there are a lot of steep hills. 

Good on you, well done. I ventured up Arthur's seat today,  quite pleased considering I'm not great with narrow paths with a big drop at the other side, and I'm not great with heights either. But once I got up the top I was fine.

20230409_094746.jpg

20230409_094008.jpg