Reasons to be Cheerful

After playing like a product of Yogi Hughes and Peter Grant last week I turned up this week strolling about like an inform Ashley Cole in his prime.

Next week I hope to go one level higher and be Josh Edwards-esque 

pulled two shiny bar stools out of a skip the other day.

one was wobbly so my neighbour welded the base and ive to get him a few cans. the other just needed a bit of tightening where the hydraulic lever was. 

both working perfect now and more or less brand new. 

the stuff people dump is a sin. 

20230202_180141.jpg

36 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

pulled two shiny bar stools out of a skip the other day.

one was wobbly so my neighbour welded the base and ive to get him a few cans. the other just needed a bit of tightening where the hydraulic lever was. 

both working perfect now and more or less brand new. 

the stuff people dump is a sin. 

20230202_180141.jpg

Aye right enough, last time I sat in a chair like that I ended up half cut 🙃.

My old man has been in hospital since Wednesday, and is getting out today. Back to his own home and his own bed. 

Genuinely spent the last week or so worried, but he seems to be getting better. Took the kids to visit him yesterday and that cheered him up too.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a message on my DIAD at work yesterday saying to book my remaining holidays,i don't have any left,went in this morning and asked the person who does the holidays and it turns out i have 2 days left as i now have 15 years service so get an extra 2 days.I now get 28 days annual leave plus Stat holidays.

Friday and Monday booked off the end of March😃2

49 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Got a message on my DIAD at work yesterday saying to book my remaining holidays,i don't have any left,went in this morning and asked the person who does the holidays and it turns out i have 2 days left as i now have 15 years service so get an extra 2 days.I now get 28 days annual leave plus Stat holidays.

Friday and Monday booked off the end of March😃2

But how long have you had 2 days extra per year without realising? Get them to back date them.