Reasons to be Cheerful

11 hours ago, BFTD said:

Well, come on. Don't leave us hanging. Did she tweet some of your P&B patter?

Sadly not.

It was an HR conference and the tweet was something about decluttering the mind and wellbeing. Not a single hidden item to get people to google something unexpected in it at all. 

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
36 minutes ago, throbber said:
Having a World Cup party round at mine tomorrow which will probably end up messy.

Can just imagine all the Budweiser and orders placed now for half time at Domino's....

No we have the food in - it’s a very similar scenario to the time in 2019 when all her families showed up and didn’t bring any booze and I don’t think any of us want to go through all that again. This time it’s my sons 2nd birthday celebration as well as a house warming in our new abode.

Edited by throbber

10 minutes ago, throbber said:

No we have the food in - it’s a very similar scenario to the time in 2019 when all her families showed up and didn’t bring any booze and I don’t think any of us want to go through all that again. This time it’s my sons 2nd birthday celebration as well as a house warming in our new abode.

A messy world cup party being combined with a 2 year olds birthday is just good sense in the current cost of living climate. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

A messy world cup party being combined with a 2 year olds birthday is just good sense in the current cost of living climate. 

It was his bday a few weeks ago but my in laws haven’t seen him yet so it was a good excuse to get together. Also we haven’t had a house warming but been in house since April so it is very similar to the 2019 scenario which left me incredibly upset as you may remember.

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

It was his bday a few weeks ago but my in laws haven’t seen him yet so it was a good excuse to get together. Also we haven’t had a house warming but been in house since April so it is very similar to the 2019 scenario which left me incredibly upset as you may remember.

I do. I remember it well mate and I never stopped hoping you would recover. 

41 minutes ago, throbber said:

I've been in my house since 2010 and not yet had a housewarming.

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I do. I remember it well mate and I never stopped hoping you would recover. 

Well it’s been 3 years but it hasn’t ever properly left my mind. I just don’t want to be taken advantage of again.

In the late 90s, a friend of a friend was having a housewarming at her new flat. Some drunken guy spewed all over her bathroom. The walls, the bath, the bog, everything. It was disgusting.

Never been tempted to have a housewarming after that.

Spoiler

Yes. it was me. I cleaned up as best I could and just left. Never saw the friend of a friend again.

19 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

In the late 90s, a friend of a friend was having a housewarming at her new flat. Some drunken guy spewed all over her bathroom. The walls, the bath, the bog, everything. It was disgusting.

Never been tempted to have a housewarming after that.

Hide contents

Yes. it was me. I cleaned up as best I could and just left. Never saw the friend of a friend again.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg.cead32e5bab826553d1cfea152f8c495.jpg

I did this at a previous workmates house after a Christmas night out.

He let me stay in their newly decorated spare room. I thought I would add a bit of colour to the new carpet, wallpaper, bed.. just everywhere. It was fuckin' stinking the next morning when I tried to clean it up. He had already left the house to go back to the pub by the time I woke up. After a pretty feeble effort, I headed out to meet him for more beers, his wife was raging. I didn't stay again.

Edited by johnnydun