Reasons to be Cheerful

18 hours ago, TxRover said:

the robots we in ‘Murica and the UK pay to call games. 

I watched the Women's World cup draw last week - one of the "guests" was Alexi Lalas, the former American footballer.  I have never heard such a monotonous robotic voice in my life and doubt I ever will.  He also did some strange thing with his hand every time he was about to pull a ball out (ooeer Kenneth) I guess to show his hand was empty.  I'll admit I also did a hand gesture every time he did. 

Ian Wright was also one of the guests and amazingly he wasn't the most annoying one of the guests! 

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

I watched the Women's World cup draw last week - one of the "guests" was Alexi Lalas, the former American footballer.  I have never heard such a monotonous robotic voice in my life and doubt I ever will.  He also did some strange thing with his hand every time he was about to pull a ball out (ooeer Kenneth) I guess to show his hand was empty.  I'll admit I also did a hand gesture every time he did. 

Ian Wright was also one of the guests and amazingly he wasn't the most annoying one of the guests! 

I see what you mean. Definitely likes to throw up the bunny ears in group photos, old Alexi.

His voice would be great for the emotionless ship's AI in a sci-fi flick.

The wife was at an online conference today. Generally it was dreadful, but at the end they said they were giving hampers to the most engaged participant, and for tweet of the day. My wife won the latter one. 

No clue what's in said hamper, but nice anyway. 

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The wife was at an online conference today. Generally it was dreadful, but at the end they said they were giving hampers to the most engaged participant, and for tweet of the day. My wife won the latter one. 

Pics or GTF...............

Just now, scottsdad said:

When it arrives, I'll happily post pics. Assuming they'll send it to her workplace. 

Could be booze, cheese and wine. Could be any old jumble sale shite. Time will tell.

There'll be shitey mince pies, a boatil o' gluhwein, stollen bites, a piece of Stilton and some wee crackers.

Just now, Florentine_Pogen said:

There'll be shitey mince pies, a boatil o' gluhwein, stollen bites, a piece of Stilton and some wee crackers.

I'd take that. 

I remember my mum winning a hamper years ago at a prize bingo. Basically a box of stuff someone had in their cupboards but wouldn't use. 

5 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Well, come on. Don't leave us hanging. Did she tweet some of your P&B patter?

My RTBC - my phone's headphone socket just died, which is a massive pain in the arse as I've bought a few Bluetooth earbuds in the £20 range before and they've all been tinny, watery-sounding garbage (my wired earphones are great and cost £5!). However, I got some yesterday for £17.99 and they're pretty decent, so I can stop annoying the bus with Napalm Death on the internal speaker.