Reasons to be Cheerful

The last three years have been shite for a variety of reasons, but this is the first season I've been back watching the Wasps in person since the 7th of March 2020, and I didn't realise how much I've missed it. My mother's still alive to come with me and, shockingly, we've been joined by my son, who isn't at all interested in football but seems to be enjoying the excuse for some family time. Superb.

Also, I just got an email from a buyer on eBay explaining how happy they are with the item they bought, and that it was something that they'd been looking to get for a long time. It doesn't happen often - an email from a buyer is normally bad news - but it's lovely when it does.

Mrs and daughter went to see the new Minions film (I could stop there as a RTBC tbh). Each time a new character appeared on screen, a group behind them started cheering and applauding. Apparently it’s some TikTok craze for wee wankers. They obviously thought they were being funny. 

Lights go up, cinema manager (dunfermline) comes in, tells them to shut it or they’ll get punted. Film recommences, they don’t shut up, they get booted out. 

2 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Mrs and daughter went to see the new Minions film (I could stop there as a RTBC tbh). Each time a new character appeared on screen, a group behind them started cheering and applauding. Apparently it’s some TikTok craze for wee wankers. They obviously thought they were being funny. 

Lights go up, cinema manager (dunfermline) comes in, tells them to shut it or they’ll get punted. Film recommences, they don’t shut up, they get booted out. 

Read about this yesterday. Cinemas have banned people wearing suits/formalwear as thats part of it. 

Good luck explaining to them how you're dressed when you next go.....

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Read about this yesterday. Cinemas have banned people wearing suits/formalwear as thats part of it. 

Good luck explaining to them how you're dressed when you next go.....

Feel sorry for young people today. I’d get chucked out for things like drinking, fingering and drug taking. 

36 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Feel sorry for young people today. I’d get chucked out for things like drinking, fingering and drug taking. 

Aye. And it would be even more embarrassing if you had someone else with you

Absolutely belting news.

Its my birthday next week and the bairn is off to the US.  Peace and quiet I thinks.

Then the wife informs me she’s fucking off to see her dad for a few days as well.

Denhead of Gray Spar here I fucking come.

On 06/07/2022 at 15:07, Shandön Par said:

On 06/07/2022 at 15:33, Shandön Par said:

I'm sure @Detournement could do a good job of describing how this is regarded as "power" by the people doing it.

I've seen the videos of wee guys (some look about 20) doing some shit at the minions film. In my day someone would have battered these wee dicks.

Rightly or wrongly.

11 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I've seen the videos of wee guys (some look about 20) doing some shit at the minions film. In my day someone would have battered these wee dicks.

Rightly or wrongly.

I'd like to see how much "power" they 30 wee 'Gen Z' had when I set a fire at the door of the screening before exiting and chaining it shut from the outside.

Rightly or wrongly.
Rightly definitely rightly.

18 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Another last minute winner for The Caley against Raith. Delightful. Get rich or Mackay tryin'

13 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Game changer.

image.thumb.png.84f42ba7dd7694183323f3b4fce903a5.png

Both have sent me into fits of laughter in the last ten minutes. Fucking brilliant.

18 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Rightly or wrongly.

That doesn't really surprise me.

20 years ago nightlife was all about people in their teens and early 20s. Now Gen Z types are getting priced out because there are so many older folk still going out who have loads more purchasing power.

It's the same with holidays. Asian places don't want backpackers and Spain is doing everything it can to get rid of drunk British teenagers.