Reasons to be Cheerful

11 hours ago, scottsdad said:

After a wee delay, work getting done on the house has started today.

It is a bit strange having teams of men I don't know traipsing through the house. I don't know how @RH33 copes with this on a regular basis. 

Ask the wife?

12 hours ago, scottsdad said:

After a wee delay, work getting done on the house has started today.

It is a bit strange having teams of men I don't know traipsing through the house. I don't know how @RH33 copes with this on a regular basis. 

Adjust an everyday occurance.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Can't find the Tidy Scottish Newsreaders thread, but good to see Kirsty McCabe wheeled out for the Reporting Scotland weather this morning.  An often forgotten national treasure.

image.thumb.png.3d99d8cd77215e500164849a23d7d3c1.png

Not normally into the skinnier ladies, but Lucy Verasamy is absolutely glorious. 

Anyway, didn't come on to post about tidy weatherwifies.

Living in Torry (lower Deeside in estate agent speak) has its downsides, and having a ground floor flat means always having folk outside my living room. People congregate and it's seldom interesting or, in the case of the Torry Guild of Heroin Users who convene their monthly meeting at my window ledge, intelligible. 

Today I just had a couple of aul' wifies stage a storytelling session. It was class. They were both utterly absorbed in dispensing dispatches from their respective camps that it felt like I was watching a play, and like a play the two actors here were bringing physicality and intensity of focus to hold my attention.

It was nice as they won't have known that they were being listened to, so there was no self consciousness about it. I've not been around old folk for ages and it was lovely to see them in a context defined by themselves, in their native habitat as it were.