Reasons to be Cheerful

11 hours ago, johnnydun said:

That's pretty poor show losing that amount from your pension.

Are you pretty settled where you are or is a location move on the cards?

Hey, I'm still upright and of sound mind - things could be a hell of a lot worse.

I'm absolutely settled where I am - said to Mrs WRK recently that I'm just not willing to tip up at a new house - no matter how smart - with a basket full of network cables, wifi extenders and routers and try to set up my network from scratch. I'm fecked if I can remember half of the passwords., for a start. Seriously, we've recently built an extension, we're rural but close to York and not far from the coast, plenty countryside to ramble with the hounds.. yeah, settled sums it up.

11 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

I might very well be wrong but I think if you retire within 10 years of forced regrading you are entitled to the pension you would have been on had the regrading not occurred..
Certainly the case at my work and I'll be looking into it in greater detail if I get shafted.

Yeah, the problem is that the regrade was, in effect, voluntary. Under HMPPS Performance Management, I could have been dismissed, terminated through Medical Inefficiency (which would have given me a payout of 23 months salary), Medically retired, or regraded. The regrade suited me best of the available options. Especially as I got nearly two years detached duty with plenty expenses to top up, as well as two years MT pay (non-pensionable, unfortunately).

All told, I've not done too badly.

17 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Hey, I'm still upright and of sound mind - things could be a hell of a lot worse.

I'm absolutely settled where I am - said to Mrs WRK recently that I'm just not willing to tip up at a new house - no matter how smart - with a basket full of network cables, wifi extenders and routers and try to set up my network from scratch. I'm fecked if I can remember half of the passwords., for a start. Seriously, we've recently built an extension, we're rural but close to York and not far from the coast, plenty countryside to ramble with the hounds.. yeah, settled sums it up.

I don't want to be the one to tell him... 

If either of the arse cheeks have to win anything, then it cheers me up somewhat that they are currently having the joy sucked out of their respective achievements by getting tangled up in a sad wee death-squabble over whose is better, commencing today. 

Bang on trend for them.

It is also admittedly very funny that Celtic have set themselves up for the last few weeks for a big GIRUY to Rangers and its been totally overshadowed.