Reasons to be Cheerful

11 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Good luck m9, did 8 weeks of that shit, never again.

Cheers mate. Have been doing it for close to 4 and a half years throughout my working life. Never again after this.

I have taken two long weekends over the next few weeks. Also put in for 2 weeks in July (probably be a week's holiday/going insane and a week decorating). Leaves me 16 days leave to take between now and the end of September. 

17 hours ago, superwell87 said:

Have a job interview on Monday. Hopefully won't be long until I am out of inbound customer service. 

I'll be honest - had to google that to make sure it was what I thought. I reckon I'd top myself or kill someone within months.

I've got a couple of post-HMPS interviews coming up. One tonight as a CEO, which ain't what you'd think. Stands in this case for Civil Enforcement Officer, or parking warden to you and me. The other is for accessing footage, calibrating and recording "safety" camera results. I obviously just wanna be loved..

3 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I'll be honest - had to google that to make sure it was what I thought. I reckon I'd top myself or kill someone within months.

I've got a couple of post-HMPS interviews coming up. One tonight as a CEO, which ain't what you'd think. Stands in this case for Civil Enforcement Officer, or parking warden to you and me. The other is for accessing footage, calibrating and recording "safety" camera results. I obviously just wanna be loved..

Good luck mate

Why are you leaving/left? 
Got regraded after my stroke left me unable to perform the more physical duties - the way our pension is calculated meant staying on would see me losing forty percent if I stayed until 60, whereas leaving now means a hit of just sort of seven percent. Not ideal, but better than nearly half..

6 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:
Why are you leaving/left? 

Got regraded after my stroke left me unable to perform the more physical duties - the way our pension is calculated meant staying on would see me losing forty percent if I stayed until 60, whereas leaving now means a hit of just sort of seven percent. Not ideal, but better than nearly half..

That's pretty poor show losing that amount from your pension.

Are you pretty settled where you are or is a location move on the cards?

I might very well be wrong but I think if you retire within 10 years of forced regrading you are entitled to the pension you would have been on had the regrading not occurred..
Certainly the case at my work and I'll be looking into it in greater detail if I get shafted.