Reasons to be Cheerful

On 18/12/2021 at 19:06, RH33 said:

My subscription has finished, I've not had time to read last few editions so may just pick it up on supermarket. Mind you my 9yr old like to read bits and the cartoons.

I'm sure I don't have to say this, but this is to be encouraged. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I handed my notice in at the start of this month and have now entered my last 3 and a half days of "work". I have spent the morning playing Football Manager and I am now asking myself the question if 11:30am is too early for a can. 

f671a7381d99db9ef915c240c973e8bd1e2cb9c2.jpg

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I handed my notice in at the start of this month and have now entered my last 3 and a half days of "work". I have spent the morning playing Football Manager and I am now asking myself the question if 11:30am is too early for a can. 

I have done loads of work today. 

Got the Christmas presents wrapped, started a new homebrew beer kit, checked my emails, been on P&B and have went to the shop for a pint of milk. 

Just about to close my laptop down for the next 14 days - and an email popped in inviting me to give a talk at a pretty big conference in May. 

Someone read perhaps the most obscure and un-read paper I have ever written and based on that invited me.  

6 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Just about to close my laptop down for the next 14 days - and an email popped in inviting me to give a talk at a pretty big conference in May. 

Someone read perhaps the most obscure and un-read paper I have ever written and based on that invited me.  

Or saw your contribution to the Work Colleagues thread and thought he could provide ideas on how to do as little work as possible whilst retaining a highly paid job.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

If it's the one in Pyongyang the whole gang's going to be there. :cheers

Brilliant!! Good luck (you'll be shitting bricks though! [emoji6])
The first time something goes wrong I'd imagine [emoji38] Was surprisingly calm tonight though. Probably because I've had 200 hours on top of the expected minimum!

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

The first time something goes wrong I'd imagine emoji38.png Was surprisingly calm tonight though. Probably because I've had 200 hours on top of the expected minimum!

The least you could have done was to warn the P&B massive what train you were driving! :babe2

Spoiler

Congratulations! :thumsup2

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

My normally 9/12 month course is now complete after 2 and a half years (thanks to the lovely pandemic) and I finally have my driving licence. First train by myself tonight :)

Thomas.png

The first time something goes wrong I'd imagine [emoji38] Was surprisingly calm tonight though. Probably because I've had 200 hours on top of the expected minimum!
Good stuff! Enjoy! The hardest decision you have to make at work now is whether it's a latte or a flat white your getting!!

Mind keep a spare steering wheel in your kit bag!

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

The first time something goes wrong I'd imagine emoji38.png Was surprisingly calm tonight though. Probably because I've had 200 hours on top of the expected minimum!

Great news mate, happy driving!

All the stuff you've been taught will come back to you easier than you think.

If/when something does inevitably go wrong just try to stay calm and approach things logically, and remember Maintrol are your friends!!