Reasons to be Cheerful

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I've been meaning to get back into that for years, used to ski to school in Sweden. There's a Nordic skiing club in Inverness, might see if I can borrow some kit.

Nice one! Let me know where you go. I may try and get to Rothiemurcus on Sunday. I'm still utter shite at it, but I have ambitions of doing a big trip at some point. 

Christmas presents ordered Friday.  All delivered by today.  Even got them wrapped while I was on daft calls I didn’t need to be on.

If I can persuade Mrs. B there’s no need for me to get the tree out the garage as we’ll be in the Highlands for Christmas it’ll be perfect.  I know I’ll lose that one though.

The Covid thread is really interesting, there’s such a wide spread of emotions on display in so many of the posts. Fear, machismo, loyalty, patriotism, bitterness - it’s all there.

It’s also interesting in that the prevailing viewpoint is strongly opposed *in theory* with the vast majority of people I speak to or in terms of polling. However, most of the people I speak to are behaving as though they agree with the prevailing Covid thread view while saying the opposite.  Perhaps the bedwetters are secret moonhowlers.

8 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The Covid thread is really interesting, there’s such a wide spread of emotions on display in so many of the posts. Fear, machismo, loyalty, patriotism, bitterness - it’s all there.

It’s also interesting in that the prevailing viewpoint is strongly opposed *in theory* with the vast majority of people I speak to or in terms of polling. However, most of the people I speak to are behaving as though they agree with the prevailing Covid thread view while saying the opposite.  Perhaps the bedwetters are secret moonhowlers.

I think most people say they are in favour of restrictions, but for ‘the public’ which apparently doesn’t include themselves.

8 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I think the vast majority aren't that arsed if they're asked to wear a mask to shop or get on a bus, or get majorly annoyed if others aren't wearing them, or occasionally have to flash a QR code. The ideologically distraught on either side are a fairly minor subset.

If you need a RTBC, watch 24 Hour Party People. Coogan on fire as he takes us on a celebration of bad behaviour, winging it, a passion for music and culture, with a bit of death and sorrow. Makes me happy just thinking about what a good film it is. 

14 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

If you need a RTBC, watch 24 Hour Party People. Coogan on fire as he takes us on a celebration of bad behaviour, winging it, a passion for music and culture, with a bit of death and sorrow. Makes me happy just thinking about what a good film it is. 

Watched this as part of a pals' covid film club (watching a film and talking nonsense about it after on rather than covid related films) and loved it 

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

After roughly 43 years if roadworks, Foundry Loan in Larbert is now blissfully temporary traffic light free.

Just a few miles away across the water, sone temporary traffic lights are away and the road resurfaced, after about 27 years.

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I got a new nespresso thingy this week and have been storming through 17 hour working days, only stopping for Red Bull. 

Why dont you have a coffee?