Reasons to be Cheerful

On 12/11/2021 at 15:35, The Naitch said:

On the train to Dundee enjoying an alcoholic beverage (that’ll show ScotRail!) then off to Aberdeen tomorrow.

Well, I say Aberdeen. I’m away to see Steps at the P&J arena which, going by Google maps, is literally in the middle of nowhere. I’m sure I’ll see the great and good of P&B while I’m there as well.

I was there as well. Decent gig, the lassie Clerr still sounds great. Great energy from them all. 

Ferociously expensive tickets that I'm trying not to think about. May have fucked up hugely going through viagogo.

The atmosphere was great though. Felt really warm and welcoming. 

My chosen preference for annual leave over the Christmas period has been accepted. Also found out I will be working to half days in-between then and the period that the office is closed over the new year. 

Had been working on nightshift for 2.5 weeks, got sent back onshore for a few days (and pints) to 'reset' my days, and have been changed to dayshift upon my return... with a cabin to myself and nothing to do until Monday, giving me paid time to watch all the Sky/BT football I desire. Pleasing.

Eta: also, the days onshore and the check-in to come back out coinciding with the Indian Summer (16 degrees and blue skies) and the start of the shite weather, respectively.  Couldn't have planned it better.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Had a video call date with a really attractive woman last night. I was super nervous about it as she's 10 years older and more professionally accomplished than me. It went fuckin great and we're meeting up tomorrow face to face (her proposal).

Buzzing today.

Had a video call date with a really attractive woman last night. I was super nervous about it as she's 10 years older and more professionally accomplished than me. It went fuckin great and we're meeting up tomorrow face to face (her proposal).
Buzzing today.
We want updates later.

24 minutes ago, velo army said:

Buzzing today.

6B632FC9-C4EF-4F0C-8FC1-4ECEA4010F91.gif

25 minutes ago, velo army said:

Buzzing today.

Remember to keep a bottle of lucozade under the bed..

(old P&B reference)

Buzzing today.
Shandon can offer advice on how to comport yourself / be a proper gentleman in the company of a more mature woman.
As noted above, updates are mandatory.
Hope all goes well.

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
3 hours ago, velo army said:
Buzzing today.

We want updates later.

You mean photos, don't you?

3 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Shandon can offer advice on how to comport yourself / be a proper gentleman in the company of a more mature woman.
As noted above, updates are mandatory.
Hope all goes well.

There are tales I could tell that would have poor Augusta or whatever he was called frothing with rage. 

Bought a new hose. It labelled itself as "expanding". I was sceptical that it could get to 2.5x its original length. If anything the claims were an understatement. When filled with water, I could have taken the thing up and down the street hosing down cars . 

In true P&B style...have you every had something that expanded to more than it's original size? Fnarr fnarr. 

40 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Bought a new hose. It labelled itself as "expanding". I was sceptical that it could get to 2.5x its original length. If anything the claims were an understatement. When filled with water, I could have taken the thing up and down the street hosing down cars . 

In true P&B style...have you every had something that expanded to more than it's original size? Fnarr fnarr. 

I’ve got one of those and I fully agree with your sentiment. It’s unbelievable how long it gets. No euph.