Reasons to be Cheerful

Storage not required. Stab/shoot/kick them to death and straight in the sausage machine. Cook and eat right away.
Aye. Just release all the intensivle farmed animals into the wild, and we can just walk out the front door and sledgehammer whichever beast happens to take our fancy at that time.

Once I have hacked my ribeye out, obviously neighbours/dogs would be welcome to pick the carcas clean.

Low waste, happier animals, buffet levels of locally sourced choice

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye. Just release all the intensivle farmed animals into the wild, and we can just walk out the front door and sledgehammer whichever beast happens to take our fancy at that time.

Once I have hacked my ribeye out, obviously neighbours/dogs would be welcome to pick the carcas clean.

Low waste, happier animals, buffet levels of locally sourced choice

The most popular meal in November 2021 will be roadkill stew.

tumblr_n81vw3LWAI1ttvvqvo1_500.gifv

This might be uncharacteristically strange, but I quite like it when one of the regulars on my commute isn't on the bus. It cheers me up to think they might be having a lovely day off with family or friends.

In reality they've likely slept in, are having an alcohol-fuelled nervous breakdown, or have just died, but it's nice to imagine a world where everything isn't complete shit.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

This might be uncharacteristically strange, but I quite like it when one of the regulars on my commute isn't on the bus. It cheers me up to think they might be having a lovely day off with family or friends.

In reality they've likely slept in, are having an alcohol-fuelled nervous breakdown, or have just died, but it's nice to imagine a world where everything isn't complete shit.

I like it when the regulars aren't on the Subway because they're either non-mask wearing workies who sit in my seat or a fidgety jakey b*****d who's one one of those people who hack their lungs up and spit it out. Except while on the Subway. 

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I like it when the regulars aren't on the Subway because they're either non-mask wearing workies who sit in my seat or a fidgety jakey b*****d who's one one of those people who hack their lungs up and spit it out. Except while on the Subway. 

Yeah, thinking about it, maybe I'm just glad they aren't there.

There was a few weeks during lockdown where the morning bus was like my personal taxi. Glorious.

Going to Viva Brazil for lunch today. Easily one of my favourite eateries in Glasgow.

Went there with folk from my course a couple of years ago and thought it was incredible. Given the small cuts they give you I was skeptical I was going to be full but was surprised at how stuffed I was. Loved it all apart from the chicken heart.

If you haven't been to the Marble Buffet yet I'd recommend giving that a go as well.

Given the small cuts they give you [...] Loved it all apart from the chicken heart.

Aye, that's a pretty small portion right enough.

In Turkish supermarkets they'd put chicken hearts in with the chicken liver. Heart is just muscle really, generally a more intense flavour of the usual meat.

Chicken hearts were lovely, had 4 or 5 of them. Was sensational as always, like a burst couch afterwards.

Got a smashing roast on the go, two cuts of Brisket, one done in the slow cooker with homemade gravy and will do the other bit in the oven, medium rare.

On 25/09/2021 at 12:41, Adam said:

Going to Viva Brazil for lunch today. Easily one of my favourite eateries in Glasgow.

Who says P&B is good for nothing more than something to read during work hours?!

Thanks to this comment, I went to Viva Brasil for lunch yesterday and it was tremendous. 

Stuck to just the 2 chicken hearts as I wanted ensure I tried everything. 

3 hours ago, PWL said:

Who says P&B is good for nothing more than something to read during work hours?!

Thanks to this comment, I went to Viva Brasil for lunch yesterday and it was tremendous. 

Stuck to just the 2 chicken hearts as I wanted ensure I tried everything. 

Funnily enough I was there yesterday too as a result of Adam's post. The lamb was probably my favourite closely followed by the steaks.

The chicken hearts were nothing write home about.