Reasons to be Cheerful

4 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Recently complained to Tunnocks as I purchased a bag of Mini Caramel Logs but what was inside was actually Mini Caramel Wafers. No big deal but thought I should bring it to their attention.
Pleasingly they have acknowledged my complaint and today sent me two packets of Caramel Wafers and a Postal Order for £3

image.gif.31193ba5528bc330789c09bd054c1e24.gif

Just away to draft an email to Tennents claiming I got Fosters in the can

1 minute ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Recently complained to Tunnocks as I purchased a bag of Mini Caramel Logs but what was inside was actually Mini Caramel Wafers. No big deal but thought I should bring it to their attention.
Pleasingly they have acknowledged my complaint and today sent me two packets of Caramel Wafers and a Postal Order for £3

Tunnocks are going to think there’s a problem with quality control now ,as I can imagine half of p&b will be emailing the same “complaint” after reading this to get two free packets and three quid As well . 

6 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Years ago my mum bought a box of malteasers. They were all bald, no chocolate. She contacted them and they sent her an absolutely massive box of malteasers (with chocolate) as an apology.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

38D908B3-7972-4D23-B41A-6A70E4A5DDD5.gif

I know, never even knew they were still a thing. Last time I used a Postal Order I was buying a fake ID out the back pages of Viz around 1997

Edited by Bert Raccoon

Worked in a post office for a while; can confirm that Postal Orders are still a thing, and they're exclusively purchased by elderly ladies for sending small sums of money to their grandchildren. You have to buy them with cash due to money laundering legislation.

I got a box of chocolates yonks ago that had likely been stored near a heater (apparently), as some of them had turned white. Got a £10 voucher from Mr Cadbury, and they'd tasted just fine anyway, so I felt bad about complaining. £10 of free chocolate helped to soothe my conscience, however.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’ve managed to upset the rabbit hole dwellers on the Covid thread.

They are rather a touchy bunch aren't they?

Anyway, I'm off on a wee holiday tomorrow. I've had a horrible couple of years, as I am sure many of us have, and I've barely left the manor since the Before Time when there was this Normal the old ones tell stories about.

Toodle fucking ooooh.

On 20/08/2021 at 07:53, DiegoDiego said:

Today is the twenty-fifth day I've worked out of the last twenty-six. My weekend is free though and tomorrow I'll fill my belly with smokies, and steak and black pudding pies while watching Thistle extend their lead at the top of the Championship.

Did you enjoy the food?

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’ve managed to upset the rabbit hole dwellers on the Covid thread.

Well done in discharging your civic duty in rousing a cohort that are more earnestly dull than Emily's husband.

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Went a for a wee tidy up today, napoer shaved right into the quick, beard trimmed, hot towel on and cut throat round the edges, was glorious.

Shat out at the offer of "nose waxing".

No thank you sir, maybe next time....

Did you get to sit in the racing car seat?