Reasons to be Cheerful

Didn't know to put this here or Unpopular Opinions but I grew up watching Jackass and I thought it was the best thing ever. Me and my mates had a wee YouTube account where we tried our own version, used to watch the films regularly, all the spin off stuff like Viva La Bam, CKY etc.. just the general moronic skateboarding doing dumb shit with your pals culture but I've just seen that they're doing a new movie now that they're all old and probably looking for a retirement payday, trailer actually had me laughing away though, I will unashamedly be watching this as soon as it comes out. 

ETA - Link to the YouTube gets posted when I have +5000 rep count. 

Edited by SANTAN

22 hours ago, SANTAN said:

Didn't know to put this here or Unpopular Opinions but I grew up watching Jackass and I thought it was the best thing ever. Me and my mates had a wee YouTube account where we tried our own version, used to watch the films regularly, all the spin off stuff like Viva La Bam, CKY etc.. just the general moronic skateboarding doing dumb shit with your pals culture but I've just seen that they're doing a new movie now that they're all old and probably looking for a retirement payday, trailer actually had me laughing away though, I will unashamedly be watching this as soon as it comes out. 

There's about 4 big movies out the same day and it's far and away Jackass that I'm the most excited to see.

Anyway, in other movie related RTBC news: Bob Odenkirk is stable after apparently having a heart attack on set. Was a bit worried when there was no news for about a day.

On 25/07/2021 at 21:14, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

She specifically said "if you're telling those middle aged weirdos on the internet do it in amongst some fecal discussion"

My grandad died earlier in the year and when I phoned my Gran she said he would've said she's a lucky woman haha. Thank you mate. 

Cheers brother 

Nice one!

My granny used to always say to my Mrs, in  full sincerity, “you’re far too good for him”.

13 minutes ago, Arthur daley said:

I remember my first car was a saxo VTR , think that was made out of tin cans, as in a accident the crumple zone was literally yours knees .

I bought my first car in 1973, it was a 1967 Triumph Herald convertible.

I can still remember the registration though I couldn’t tell you the registration of the car I drive now!

My first car was a red Vauxhall Nova. 1.2 engine. It was a B reg (registered in 1985) and I got it in 1997. Whenever it started a big plume of blue smoke came out of the exhaust. 

Tape deck, manual choke, no power. I really hated that bloody car. In 1998 I changed it for a Cavalier Estate that I should never have sold.

That said, there was no feeling in the world like being 17 years old, waking up in the morning and realising you can literally go anywhere, whenever you like. No planning bus trips, waiting at bus stops or train stations. So long as you had petrol money (59.9 p per litre at the time) you could go anywhere. 

I couldn’t tell you the registration of the car I drive now!

My work takes details of all cars parked on our premises and it's astounding the amount of folk who don't know their own car's registration. I genuinely thought that was something every car owner knew.

50 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

My first car was a red Vauxhall Nova. 1.2 engine. It was a B reg (registered in 1985) and I got it in 1997. Whenever it started a big plume of blue smoke came out of the exhaust. 

Tape deck, manual choke, no power. I really hated that bloody car. In 1998 I changed it for a Cavalier Estate that I should never have sold.

That said, there was no feeling in the world like being 17 years old, waking up in the morning and realising you can literally go anywhere, whenever you like. No planning bus trips, waiting at bus stops or train stations. So long as you had petrol money (59.9 p per litre at the time) you could go anywhere. 

Mine was a red metro 1 litre. C603 PTN. The first thing I did was go for a drive through meal and when I wound the window down to order and get the grub I couldn’t wind it back up again. Then when I went out the next morning it wouldn’t start. Petrol tank was leaking. Still loved it though. First car as an old banger is lost on young ones these days. 

4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Mine was a red metro 1 litre. C603 PTN. The first thing I did was go for a drive through meal and when I wound the window down to order and get the grub I couldn’t wind it back up again. Then when I went out the next morning it wouldn’t start. Petrol tank was leaking. Still loved it though. First car as an old banger is lost on young ones these days. 

A friend of mine got a brand new Rover (forget the model) for her 17th birthday. She had her driving lessons and immediately was in a brand new car. I was never jealous, and in hindsight think she's the one who missed out. I know more about cars and mechanics now because I had so many bangers that were held together with spit and duck tape.

My third car was a Ford Orion. I bought it in the summer and spent a good couple of months enjoying the sunroof. Come the winter, I found out that the sunroof leaked. Like driving under a dripping tap. It also had electric windows that didn't fully close.

On 30/07/2021 at 16:24, Rugster said:

. First car as an old banger is lost on young ones these days. 

I remember my first old banger. Bit rusty round the mudflaps, regularly needed a good touch up, had a bit of a foosty odour but would go like the clappers when need be.

Spoiler

Good old Grab a Granny night at Joanna’s. First Wednesday of the month.

Spoiler

6D33414F-9C04-4E2F-AFCF-91BB965E6214.jpeg.3ea3e600c7ce6cc024295e2594c12139.jpeg

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Lovely oxtail dinner tonight.

Will never understand how slow-cooked oxtail can be so, so delicious, yet oxtail soup is utterly repulsive.

The one I'd really like to try is the one in this Rick Stein video. Rabo de Toro bit starts about 38mins in

Johnny Knoxville and SANTAN taking on animals below for their YouTube channels.

247842728_79678a98aa_b.jpgrangers4_671198n.jpg