Reasons to be Cheerful

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I think McKee (whatever became of him) has started his own line in breeks.

4EC49099-4CCD-427F-9C18-5FC223776278.jpeg

Greeny for the throwback. Actually had to look back through my old messages but he messaged me with a supposed explanation for the situation. You can draw your own conclusions really 

ETA for context as it was nearly ten years ago this occurred, McKee claimed he pissed himself to get rid of a lassie that was firing into him. A sound strategy we can all agree 

E9D91EF9-FEDD-4AEC-8789-6257F48B00FB.jpeg

Edited by Bert Raccoon

On 22/07/2021 at 22:58, welshbairn said:

Got a package from the Jobby Inspector in Dundee for random bowel cancer checks when you're over 50, and they've gone all high tech, must have learnt a bit from the covid test kits they had to rush out. Looking forward to sampling my morning jobby tomorrow and posting it back to him. Small pleasures. :)

If the "high-tech" part is that they're having you send your deposit in the mail rather than delivering in person, then we have very different definitions of high-tech.

I'd be amazed if the Japanese don't already have lavvies that analyse your terrible gifts and play a happy wee tune when it finds them free of cancer cells.

Are there routine bowel cancer checks?

My GP practice has been an absolute fustercluck for about a decade due to an inability to get permanent staff, to the point that I even had to give up with routine prescription re-ordering and get the pharmacy to do it for me, as it was obviously never going to happen otherwise. So it just occurred to me that there might be other things they aren't doing.

15 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Are there routine bowel cancer checks?

My GP practice has been an absolute fustercluck for about a decade due to an inability to get permanent staff, to the point that I even had to give up with routine prescription re-ordering and get the pharmacy to do it for me, as it was obviously never going to happen otherwise. So it just occurred to me that there might be other things they aren't doing.

It comes direct from the NHS Jobby Inspector in Dundee, every 2 or three years if you're over 50 I think. Don't think your GP has anything to do with it, but it could be that he has to pass on your details so the NHS know about you when you first registered. 

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It comes direct from the NHS Jobby Inspector in Dundee, every 2 or three years if you're over 50 I think. Don't think your GP has anything to do with it, but it could be that he has to pass on your details so the NHS know about you when you first registered. 

Interesting, and also a bit of a relief.

I'd also really like to believe that their official title is Jobby Inspector. We need a bit more honesty in our working lives.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Every 2 years starting pretty much on your 50th birthday. My first one involved taking samples for three days in a row and smearing them onto a postcard sized sheet of cardboard. Thankfully, we’ve moved onto a single sample collected on the end of a plastic stick and subsequently sealed in a vial.

I posted off my most recent this morning which arrived 7 months behind schedule, probably because testers have dealing with something more important recently.

10 minutes ago, Funky Nosejob said:

Every 2 years starting pretty much on your 50th birthday. My first one involved taking samples for three days in a row and smearing them onto a postcard sized sheet of cardboard. Thankfully, we’ve moved onto a single sample collected on the end of a plastic stick and subsequently sealed in a vial.

I posted off my most recent this morning which arrived 7 months behind schedule, probably because testers have dealing with something more important recently.

Over 60s only in the rest of the UK. After you're 74 in Scotland you have to ask for one, not sure about elsewhere.

Edited by welshbairn

45 minutes ago, Funky Nosejob said:

Welshbairn's sample?

Thought about creating a "things people don't tell you about getting old" thread to scare the youngsters a while ago, and this would definitely be a candidate. No parent ever sits you down and says, "darling, if you live long enough, one day you too will be asked to make small pastel paintings with your own faecal matter".

On 24/07/2021 at 14:59, BFTD said:

Interesting, and also a bit of a relief.

I'd also really like to believe that their official title is Jobby Inspector. We need a bit more honesty in our working lives.

The animal jobby inspection department in veterinary laboratories is often known as Parashitology. 

45 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Got engaged lol 

Congratulations! Hope she doesn't find out you announced it in the middle of posts about jobbies. :whistle

Edited by welshbairn

48 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Congratulations! Hope she doesn't find out you announced it in the middle of posts about jobbies. :whistle

She specifically said "if you're telling those middle aged weirdos on the internet do it in amongst some fecal discussion"

43 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Best wishes to you and your Mrs, young man.  She's a lucky woman.

My grandad died earlier in the year and when I phoned my Gran she said he would've said she's a lucky woman haha. Thank you mate. 

40 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

There's still time, run,run for the hills. And congatulations obviously, but still, run.

Cheers brother