Reasons to be Cheerful

20 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

I just got an email confirming I've passed my first year of uni. I'm not often proud of myself for anything but I never thought it'd be something I'd be able to do.

Congratulations my guy, considering the year it's been that's even more impressive! On your sel!

Got a package from the Jobby Inspector in Dundee for random bowel cancer checks when you're over 50, and they've gone all high tech, must have learnt a bit from the covid test kits they had to rush out. Looking forward to sampling my morning jobby tomorrow and posting it back to him. Small pleasures. :)

Cheers! Been an absolute nightmare but I'm buzzing I've got there in the end. Pint time!
Is first year not the hardest year, statistically speaking? In the sense that most folk quit at that point, so if you've got through it then you should be able to dig your way through the rest.

Well done chief.

No matter what loads of folk say about the dumbing down of education (with some minor justifications) - it still requires a certain level of ability, effort and resilience to complete a degree.

7 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Is first year not the hardest year, statistically speaking? In the sense that most folk quit at that point, so if you've got through it then you should be able to dig your way through the rest.

Well done chief.

No matter what loads of folk say about the dumbing down of education (with some minor justifications) - it still requires a certain level of ability, effort and resilience to complete a degree.

Cheers! It was certainly a massive change for me, that's what was the hardest part for me. Glad I'm kicking on now and I'm used to revision and lectures and all that stuff. Referencing can get in the bin though! haha

Got a package from the Jobby Inspector in Dundee for random bowel cancer checks when you're over 50, and they've gone all high tech, must have learnt a bit from the covid test kits they had to rush out. Looking forward to sampling my morning jobby tomorrow and posting it back to him. Small pleasures. [emoji4]
This is a well know scam. Your jobby ends up at a super-facility near Urumqi where the CCP harvest your DNA and splice it with the Uighur population to create a hybrid race of expendable front line troops for the coming invasion of Tajikistan.

HTH.

5 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

This is a well know scam. Your jobby ends up at a super-facility near Urumqi where the CCP harvest your DNA and splice it with the Uighur population to create a hybrid race of expendable front line troops for the coming invasion of Tajikistan.

HTH.

Good luck with the invasion if they're harvesting my DNA.

HTH.
Starship poopers