Reasons to be Cheerful

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The return of the great Mon Dieu is a much bigger rtbc than the return of samba wearing da's hoofing a big tennis ball off the walls of a stuffy hall IMHO....

Don’t believe everything the video clips tell you.

17 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Just bought one of these.

Many a great day spent on the river in my youth. That’s my bank holiday sorted - just need to find the best river to test it out.

EE8E52F9-EE53-450E-95B0-84AB5D9F845C.png

Near Edzell there’s a great bit of river (near the castle) that would be good for that. Also for diving in off rocks etc. 

13 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I'm handing in my notice later today.

Have you got something lined up or are you in a position where it doesn't matter? 

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Who painted that door frame?

Oh it’s nicely painted but battered there where there must’ve been a security chain. Think Mrs took it off as you couldn’t reach it without staining on a chair. 

Have you got something lined up or are you in a position where it doesn't matter? 
Got something else lined up. I was very tempted to tell my current employers to shove it up their arse as soon as my new job was confirmed but missing out on a grand's worth of pay just isn't worth it for a quick "f**k you".

I'm actually going back to an old job of mine. I was there during the 2014 World Cup and my boss arranged my shifts so I didn't miss a single game. He called me last month asking if I wanted to come back so that was that.

7 minutes ago, Rasputin said:

Oh it’s nicely painted but battered there where there must’ve been a security chain. Think Mrs took it off as you couldn’t reach it without staining on a chair. 

aye well she told me she had just got the curtains clean after last time

5 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Got something else lined up. I was very tempted to tell my current employers to shove it up their arse as soon as my new job was confirmed but missing out on a grand's worth of pay just isn't worth it for a quick "f**k you".

I'm actually going back to an old job of mine. I was there during the 2014 World Cup and my boss arranged my shifts so I didn't miss a single game. He called me last month asking if I wanted to come back so that was that.

One trusts you have negotiated the upcoming Euros in the same manner?