Reasons to be Cheerful

After stressing for a month or so over OHs shitey car and then finding our budget wasn't going to get us anything really like as good as he needed for work we managed to grab a Hyundai i30 that I had somehow missed on Auto trader but was well within our budget from a local dealership today.

Now we just have to hope to God the old car makes it to the end of the week.:lol:

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

The new Leon Estate.  Very nice to drive and yes it won't be going near Carmen's Park.

On a downside though the washing machine packed in.

Probably better using a car wash in future.

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

The new Leon Estate.  Very nice to drive and yes it won't be going near Carmen's Park.

On a downside though the washing machine packed in.

I fucking love my Leon hatchback, ridiculously smooth drive.

Just now, Tynierose said:

This is the 3rd one I've had and even after just one day I'm really impressed, once I work out all the screens etc it will be even better.

My current one was the first car I bought for myself. I'd planned to visit a few dealers in Stirling and Falkirk and had a load of cars bookmarked on auto trader but the first car I test-drove was a 2yo Leon and I just bought it without bothering to look at anything else. :lol: It's been reliable as hell and good with fuel as well.

On 25/10/2020 at 19:15, Rizzo said:

I fucking love my Leon hatchback, ridiculously smooth drive.

On 25/10/2020 at 19:17, Tynierose said:

This is the 3rd one I've had and even after just one day I'm really impressed, once I work out all the screens etc it will be even better.

Had posted in the Car Advice thread about thinking of trading in my '15 plate astra but seems a bit more appropriate in this thread now, wooo!

It was pretty much only Astra estate's coming up when I did a wee search with my criteria/pricerange recently, but I saw one that caught my eye and went through with it a couple of weeks ago.

Now proudly own a (*alan partridge voice* WhatCar 2016 car of the year) '17 plate Astra 1.6 SRi turbocharged petrol estate "sports tourer"... with a rather noice 197 horsepower - I make that more than my last two motors had combined, ha! Last one was just the entry level design model so going up to the SRi trim and the newer version has been utterly fantastic so far. Still taking a little getting used to things like being able to go in 5th gear at 30mph with just light touches of the accelerator and having a high gear selection even up pretty steep inclines, the thing feels like it has some amount of torque on it. 

edit: also had a bit of a 'mare on my first day with it, was wondering why the revs looked a little bit high when I had it in cruise control on the A82... then I remembered it was a 6 gear not a 5 gear. :lol: first ever 6 speed gearbox so need to get used to it I s'pose!

I would have looked at a Focus ST Estate or indeed a Leon if there were any in the pricerange tbf, but nonetheless I love the damn thing already :wub: 

There is an element of

image.png.41d5d071b5b07dd7c35d43424cf6f75d.png

about it at the moment but I got a lot more for the old car on the trade in than a quick autotrader check online said the average would be.

Looks smashing in the driveway at least...

Just need all this Covid shite to f**k off forever and then I can get some enjoyment out of it, but on the bright side the mileage should be nice n' low for the next few months.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Been sick for about a month, but it's not the Coronaingvirus. Got a test a few weeks ago; turned out to be the flu. Went downhill again last week with new symptoms, so got another test in case I'd got the Covid on top of flu, but it's not that.

Still getting worse, but apparently COVID-19 won't be on the death certificate. I don't get sick pay, but you have to look on the bright side.