Reasons to be Cheerful

7 hours ago, harkinsbaldpatch said:

15 and a half years at work and made redundant at the end of the month, reason to be cheerful is hopefully i won't be in as much pain and the stress won't be there anymore, scared about the future but hopefully it will all work out.

I was made redundant a few years ago after a decade of service with the same firm and a senior colleague said "it might not feel great just now, but in the future you'll be glad this happened".

"Aye f***ing right" I thought, but he was right in the end.

Eta:  I'd imagine that you'll probably get a decent enough redundancy package after 15 years and lock-down should reduce outgoings whilst waiting for things to pick up again.  Despite being in different industries in different parts of Scotland, myself, my partner, her dad and my own dad have all been made redundant at some point in our lives and came out fine in the end.  ;) 

Edited by Hedgecutter

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I was made redundant a few years ago after a decade of service with the same firm and a senior colleague said "it might not feel great just now, but in the future you'll be glad this happened".

"Aye f***ing right" I thought, but he was right in the end.

Eta:  I'd imagine that you'll probably get a decent enough redundancy package after 15 years and lock-down should reduce outgoings whilst waiting for things to pick up again.  Despite being in different industries in different parts of Scotland, myself, my partner, her dad and my own dad have all been made redundant at some point in our lives and came out fine in the end.  ;) 

In reverse:

I stamped out of Airdrie DHSS, telling my manager that the place couldn't function without me. Within 20 years it was gone!

Need I say more?

That marshmallo fellow has taken to those wee red dots on almost everything I say to the point I kinda look forward to it and get a strange sense of relief when I get the notification. 

I don't think it's having the desired effect. 

Odd little boy.