Reasons to be Cheerful

25 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Fawlty Towers showing its age a bit here. 

Only because that generation's dead now!

16 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I don’t think Baracus would behave like this either:

Who's the subject of that? The Duchess of York?

Just now, Shandon Par said:

Germans? Where?

No, not Germans; n*ggers!

(had to censor that myself. IIRC, Div decided that *** is a bad word that nobody can see, but the most infamous derogatory insult for black people is A-OK)

My 86 year old Polish father-in-law ended up in A&E this afternoon. The heat got too much for him during his daily walk. Two old dears phoned an ambulance and made sure he was okay. His English isn't too great but an interpreter was found, and he was looked after until he recovered. 

Great care. No charge for the service provided. This is what it should be all about.

Thanks to everyone who offered help on the shower door issue, BTW - I'm being sent an identical twin that @the aggressive beggar has very kindly agreed to give up, which should hopefully do as a stopgap until I can track its partner down from one of those shower parts sites.

The child is still alive, but it could go either way.

1 minute ago, Angusfifer said:

My 86 year old Polish father-in-law ended up in A&E this afternoon. The heat got too much for him during his daily walk. Two old dears phoned an ambulance and made sure he was okay. His English isn't too great but an interpreter was found, and he was looked after until he recovered. 

Great care. No charge for the service provided. This is what it should be all about.

I'm already mentally writing the Daily Mail slant on this heartwarming post.

5 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I'll tell Tam DA's name for free. Also, Sidney Devine is fucking garbage.

Your opinion is invalid, Anonymous Dude!

Edit: but still correct.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

Now, I'm not saying I'm glad they are dead, but this pair always made me smile. Hadn't realised Andy had died last year so RIP Andy and Hercules. Used to go mountain biking past their house in Glen Devon and would always keep an eye out for an escaped bear. Folk these days are too busy with their playstations etc to have a beer swilling bear as a pet. 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/perth-kinross/1045130/last-wish-of-andy-robin-fulfilled-as-he-is-laid-to-rest-next-to-best-friend-hercules-the-bear/

Hercules-the-Bear.jpg

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Now, I'm not saying I'm glad they are dead, but this pair always made me smile. Hadn't realised Andy had died last year so RIP Andy and Hercules. Used to go mountain biking past their house in Glen Devon and would always keep an eye out for an escaped bear. Folk these days are too busy with their playstations etc to have a beer swilling bear as a pet. 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/perth-kinross/1045130/last-wish-of-andy-robin-fulfilled-as-he-is-laid-to-rest-next-to-best-friend-hercules-the-bear/

Hercules-the-Bear.jpg

Fly old Hercules rubbing against her leg.