Reasons to be Cheerful

13 minutes ago, 101 said:

Do you regularly have random girls off the news round? Screenshot_20200216-100332.thumb.jpg.a6ab393d996f3352f443d0c717274a71.jpg

Over how long a period did you have 10 espressos? If I have more than 4 in a morning I'm risking a heartattack

Maybe half an hour or so? Gives the boost needed for a good hard skipping session at the gym.

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Ire discussing our morning’s coffee intake. She showed me her large cappuccino and I told her I’d just had 10 espressos and know P&B is more geared towards moaninng about modern phrases but I heard one this morning that cheered me up. Speaking to a young lady (a Christina Hendricks type) we weshe exclaimed “shut the front door”. 

Enjoy the novelty of it while you can. I'm afraid it comes from this side of the Atlantic and while I've never heard it in real life, it's a phrase very, very overused by television presenters. You should hope it doesn't catch on where you are.

18 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Enjoy the novelty of it while you can. I'm afraid it comes from this side of the Atlantic and while I've never heard it in real life, it's a phrase very, very overused by television presenters. You should hope it doesn't catch on where you are.

You should introduce boot in the pie over there.

Huh. I figured I was probably on the high end of caffeine users, but I'm comfortably low-moderate, according to Mixu's pic.

Bit worried about the quinine in the Bru, but I wasn't going to live forever anyway.

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Huh. I figured I was probably on the high end of caffeine users, but I'm comfortably low-moderate, according to Mixu's pic.

Bit worried about the quinine in the Bru, but I wasn't going to live forever anyway.

After my various health issues resulting in me giving up the fags and then the drink (initially due to meds, now just not bothered), I recently had a stroke and, alongside drawing back from active TU work and re-roling in my job, the last of the unholy trinity has now gone - I'm on the decaff! In all honesty, for all the "I'm useles until my first two brews in the morning"  mythology, I'm not missing it and the withdrawal was pretty painless.

The only worry I've got now is that if anything serious befalls me in the future, there's nothing left to give up!

5 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

After my various health issues resulting in me giving up the fags and then the drink (initially due to meds, now just not bothered), I recently had a stroke and, alongside drawing back from active TU work and re-roling in my job, the last of the unholy trinity has now gone - I'm on the decaff! In all honesty, for all the "I'm useles until my first two brews in the morning"  mythology, I'm not missing it and the withdrawal was pretty painless.

The only worry I've got now is that if anything serious befalls me in the future, there's nothing left to give up!

It's a bit annoying how many soft drinks don't have decaffeinated versions; seems pretty clear they only have it in there for its addictive qualities, which can be quite scary when you read into it. I've come off caffeine before and had horrible headaches for weeks, but I'm used to that for other reasons. All my favourite drinks are caffeinated, unfortunately, and it's nice to have something enjoyable in life.

Also, your bladder can become allergic to caffeine, which can result in you regularly pissing yourself. A nice wee excuse for the older members of the board  ^_^

4 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

It's a bit annoying how many soft drinks don't have decaffeinated versions; seems pretty clear they only have it in there for its addictive qualities, which can be quite scary when you read into it. I've come off caffeine before and had horrible headaches for weeks, but I'm used to that for other reasons. All my favourite drinks are caffeinated, unfortunately, and it's nice to have something enjoyable in life.

Also, your bladder can become allergic to caffeine, which can result in you regularly pissing yourself. A nice wee excuse for the older members of the board  ^_^

I'm basically coffee or water, so fairly safe from stealth caffeine.

3 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I'm basically coffee or water, so fairly safe from stealth caffeine.

Well, so you'd think. You ever tried coming off water? Withdrawal from that is a bitch. Never managed to kick it.

What is the man putting into our water supply?

9I2Qh6t.gif

12 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Well, so you'd think. You ever tried coming off water? Withdrawal from that is a bitch. Never managed to kick it.

What is the man putting into our water supply?

9I2Qh6t.gif

Living near the Roman town of Calcaria*, you can imagine the state of the inside of my kettle (and dishwasher, washing machine, etc,) without human intervention - the man could be bunging all sorts into the supply in addition and we'd never know. Might explain December's election result...

*Tadcaster, and we're not that near. It's home to three massive breweries, mind, and apparently they were set up to take advantage of the crunchy water.

20 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I had a 3-monthly clinic appointment today which has been worrying me all weekend. Any ache I get in my back or ribs I worry the bones are broken again and the Myeloma back. Anyway my cancer is measured in Free Light Chains. There is Kappa and Lambada. What you are looking for is a good ratio between the two. "Normal" is between 0.26 and 1.25 and mine is 0.49! Worrying for nothing!

Good news, HSF. It's true that once you become an expert in your own situation, you'll start reading a lot more into unrelated, often minor complaints. I'd just trained myself out of that (five years post-ChemoRad treatment)when I had a CVA last year, now I'm back to square one. Additionally for me, a lot of the things I notice are simply the signs of an ageing body.

Hope you continue to improve, and enjoy life - it's too short to spend trying to work out what's wrong - there's a lot more that is right!