Reasons to be Cheerful

New telly purchased for the living room means we've now got a proper sized telly in the bedroom. Giving massive difference, and now I can actually see the score when I'm watching a game.

The kids now have the wee telly in their room, hooked up to a nintendo wii (old school). It's been lovely having them upstairs playing nicely - but we'll set some sort of a limit on it once the schools go back (easy habits are the most dangerous, as their wee brains melt due to our laziness).

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

My son has wee telly hooked upto his Xbox. When he’s been a total shit I take the cable that links the two and hide it 😀

When the wean was pissing me off, I used to disconnect his computer's internet access via the router. For years he thought our ISP was shit and would ask when I was going to change to a better one.

Too smart for that these days, sadly.

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

New telly purchased for the living room means we've now got a proper sized telly in the bedroom. Giving massive difference, and now I can actually see the score when I'm watching a game.

The kids now have the wee telly in their room, hooked up to a nintendo wii (old school). It's been lovely having them upstairs playing nicely - but we'll set some sort of a limit on it once the schools go back (easy habits are the most dangerous, as their wee brains melt due to our laziness).

So what did you get, where did you get it, and what did it cost?

Will it be big enough to satisfy your wife?

Cue 1 million posters coming on here, to tell you you could have done better.

I'm off to see Zalgiris against Tel Aviv in January. As the best supported team in Europe it's been on my sporting bucket list for a while.
I also got a ticket for some KHL action in Riga against Magnitogorsk on Boxing Day. I saw a few games in the old RSL but this will be my first KHL experience.
Well the Zalgiris game was pretty incredible. In my top ten sporting days out for sure. Helped that there was a stunning comeback for the home team. Even if you're not into basketball I I'd recommend it.IMG_20200102_220828.jpeg

So what did you get, where did you get it, and what did it cost?
Will it be big enough to satisfy your wife?
Cue 1 million posters coming on here, to tell you you could have done better.

Lg - 49" 4k smart telly.

£320

Didn't have Alexa which the missus wanted as they didn't have one in Dundee and we needed it that day. But I got my way with the now tv app which will work as I get sky sports through it from time to time (supposedly that app doesn't come as standard) .

She's relatively satisfied.

Now if only I could muster up enough health to give her a good seeing to we'd be as right as rain (it's been far too long tbh).

4 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Well the Zalgiris game was pretty incredible. In my top ten sporting days out for sure. Helped that there was a stunning comeback for the home team. Even if you're not into basketball I I'd recommend it.IMG_20200102_220828.jpeg

What was the attendance? Looks great. I occasionally go to watch the London Lions but would love to see a big European team in action. Looking forward to the KHL update.

3 hours ago, Raidernation said:

1. Had a fantastic day with daughter no.2 today

2. Had an interview for a teaching job which went well.

3. Had a phone screen for another teaching job and they want to see me tomorrow.

4. Have another school that want to see if I can start by the 7th.

5. Some really positive and supportive pms on this site in the last couple of days.

Really can’t complain emoji2.png

Excellent to hear

6 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Lg - 49" 4k smart telly.

£320

Didn't have Alexa which the missus wanted as they didn't have one in Dundee and we needed it that day. But I got my way with the now tv app which will work as I get sky sports through it from time to time (supposedly that app doesn't come as standard) .

She's relatively satisfied.

Now if only I could muster up enough health to give her a good seeing to we'd be as right as rain (it's been far too long tbh).

Good deal!!

I use Now TV which is ideal for occasional forays into Sky Sports, and also comes with an amazing choice of movies.

7 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Why would you recommend a basketball game to people who aren't interested in basketball?