Reasons to be Cheerful

The Christmas curry is booked for the 19th.

Next week I've Sgts Mess christmas dinner Tuesday evening then exchange (with the officers) drinks on Wednesday evening which means only working Monday and Thursday night   :) 

santa

1 hour ago, Trackdaybob said:

The Christmas curry is booked for the 19th.

Next week I've Sgts Mess christmas dinner Tuesday evening then exchange (with the officers) drinks on Wednesday evening which means only working Monday and Thursday night   :) 

santa

Good to know our services are keeping us safe...every two days.

19 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Good to know our services are keeping us safe...every two days.

This not the best time to tell you that I've two weeks off for Christmas then?? 

Worth every penny of your tax pounds me ;)

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I'm kinda half thinking that I'll get a Gannet at some point, but only if I can buy or cobble together appropriate markings for the one that was (is?) gate guardian at HMS Gannet at Prestwick. Beautifully ugly aircraft.

A Royal Navy anti-submarine aircraft, Australia, Germany & Indonesia also used them. Retired in 1978 by the R.N.

Only 300 were ever manufactured.

The kit I have has 2 sets of decals, German Navy & Royal Navy.

I really need to get round to building it, quite therapeutic.

Edited by Silverton End

Picked up this a good while back, Hamleys store in St Enoch Centre was good for stocking the kits quite cheaply.

20191206_090536.thumb.jpg.0a01aca8940b120888ba88ddb654f1fa.jpg

One of those sitting in a field near Errol airfield ( look on google maps , near Maurice Leslie vehicle auctions )

This was me whenever I tried one of those model kits as a wean. It's only just occurred to me that this sketch must be an absolute horrorshow for folk who're actually into building these things. So much destruction.

Also, remember the days when everything on YouTube looked as shite as this?

Phone-call received at lunch-time to inform me that my German citizenship application had been approved. Get to pick up the certificate on Friday morning.  Also able to hold dual citizenship, since the application had been filed whilst still an EU citizen.

In other words Brexit can get to fück!

Phone-call received at lunch-time to inform me that my German citizenship application had been approved. Get to pick up the certificate on Friday morning.  Also able to hold dual citizenship, since the application had been filed whilst still an EU citizen.
Astounding news. I've always fancied the idea of being a dual citizen.

29 minutes ago, German Jag said:

Hey Jaggy, do they do civil partnerships over there, big boy? :babe2