Reasons to be Cheerful

Guest Moomintroll
My reprehensible brother in law is staying down south for the festive season..
Splendid news and I can save a fortune on air fresheners.
Nowhere near the CH Postcodes I hope?

I've slept longer than 7hrs for the first time in a while. 

I’d like to say I’m in the same boat. Bairn slept till 9.30 this morning and we went to our bed at 12. 9 and a half hours sleep, forgot what that felt like. Still had a cheek to say I was knackered when I woke up.

Got an airfix meteor (1/48) on fleabay for fifteen quid. No decals, so bought a sheet including Belgian, Aussie and Syrian markings for seven quid from Hannants. Total saving on usual shop price - twelve quid.

Proper chuffed.

^^^ this. The sweating over the various nephews and nieces Christmas presents now absolutely solved,thank you WRK.

They get one each and the wee bams can sit and watch Uncle a-p swear while transforming their random sheets of non-biodegradable plastic into works of 1:72 scale art. Then they get cut loose with the paintbrushes and make a complete c**t of all my hard work. Wee bams.

^^^ this. The sweating over the various nephews and nieces Christmas presents now absolutely solved,thank you WRK.

They get one each and the wee bams can sit and watch Uncle a-p swear while transforming their random sheets of non-biodegradable plastic into works of 1:72 scale art. Then they get cut loose with the paintbrushes and make a complete c**t of all my hard work. Wee bams.
The grandkids ain't getting anywhere near this beauty, don't you worry! They will, however, be getting a few starter sets from Aldi and Lidl*. Nice simple wee kits which might keep them quiet for a bit, and gently introduce the concept of delayed gratification.

*Both of which have had airfix sets at a fiver recently. Half price, so worth picking up if you fancy a go. All (well, some) paints, brush and cement included.

Guest Moomintroll
I've got stuck in a Motown wormhole on youtube.
Absolutely brilliant
That sounds utterly magnificent, I have a day off on the 30th, I now have a plan.

3 weeks of bevvying before Christmas. Man I miss uni. Enjoy brother 

How I wish it was that man. Three weeks of preparing for the wee ones Christmas with all the mad Christmas event Glasgow has to offer [emoji23] only decent one last year was the one when the Santa was legit from Lapland in braehead.

The grandkids ain't getting anywhere near this beauty, don't you worry! They will, however, be getting a few starter sets from Aldi and Lidl*. Nice simple wee kits which might keep them quiet for a bit, and gently introduce the concept of delayed gratification.

*Both of which have had airfix sets at a fiver recently. Half price, so worth picking up if you fancy a go. All (well, some) paints, brush and cement included.
Arrived today - going to be a joy to build.1575483857481.jpeg