Reasons to be Cheerful

If I was you I would be laying about the house in my pants, drinking cans of bud, eating chilli shredded beef and masturbating.

Drinking cans of bud will flash up a warning to operation yewtree so that’s a no from me. As appealing as the rest of it sounds, I’ve absolutely no interest in sitting alone in my house drinking lager, I’d rather go to a pub and have a single pint than drink 10 cans in the house.

46 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Drinking cans of bud will flash up a warning to operation yewtree so that’s a no from me. As appealing as the rest of it sounds, I’ve absolutely no interest in sitting alone in my house drinking lager, I’d rather go to a pub and have a single pint than drink 10 cans in the house.

Get a better house then

I enjoy the pleasure of my own company, it’s just a shame nobody else does!

10 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Get a better house then

There’s 7 billion people on this planet, I’m pretty sure not a single one of them will make any sense of what you’ve said. 

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

I enjoy the pleasure of my own company, it’s just a shame nobody else does!

I also enjoy my own company. As to what you said though, there will never be a day in life where I’ll prefer a can in the house to drinking a pint in a pub.

I also enjoy my own company. As to what you said though, there will never be a day in life where I’ll prefer a can in the house to drinking a pint in a pub.
I agree with this. If I was alone in the pub (a much sought after situation) and was being entertained by football etc I could easily and happily slip into moderate drunkenness, as 5 or 6 pints of T sailed down my thrapple.

I would have a beer or two alone in the house but if I ended up steaming id feel a bit silly.

Pub>>>>>House for the glorious pursuit of drinking in solitude.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I agree with this. If I was alone in the pub (a much sought after situation) and was being entertained by football etc I could easily and happily slip into moderate drunkenness, as 5 or 6 pints of T sailed down my thrapple.

I would have a beer or two alone in the house but if I ended up steaming id feel a bit silly.

Once I get myself showered today, I’m going to walk into town (the sun is shining again on the Costa del Solway) to get myself a roll and square. After consuming that I’ll head to Dumfries’ premier drinking establishment, the Barrel,  for a couple of pints of Tennents lager. 

Im literally living the dream. 

Once I get myself showered today, I’m going to walk into town (the sun is shining again on the Costa del Solway) to get myself a roll and square. After consuming that I’ll head to Dumfries’ premier drinking establishment, the Barrel,  for a couple of pints of Tennents lager. 
Delightful stuff. I am going to my old local this evening from before I moved house where they serve fantastic T and will be showing the Man U Barca game. Not solo, but with one fellow T enthusiast.

Delighted for you, I have to take my daughter swimming and then look after her whilst my girlfriend gets her hair done. This is the life I chose.

43 minutes ago, throbber said:

Delighted for you, I have to take my daughter swimming and then look after her whilst my girlfriend gets her hair done. This is the life I chose.

Regretting it?

Regretting it?

No, I just don’t know when I last had a day to myself. I’m off this week and we’re away visiting her family down south and it’s just absolutely constant.

I’ll save it for the PTTGOYN or the pregnancy thread though!

Dart board?

Surprisingly yes, it’s in the middle of the pub. I’ve probably seen it hundreds of times and never actually noticed it’s there. I’d be very surprised if it’s ever been used. There’s certainly no oche marked and you’d need to move tables etc to play.

IMG_2615.jpg

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I tend to agree but last night I was out with my girlfriend and a couple of friends and we went to a pub for a quick bite to eat.  Sat next to us was a guy on his own watching the Tottenham vs Man City game on the telly, whilst he had his tablet propped up in front of him with the Liverpool game on and checking his phone every couple of minutes. Perhaps I'm being harsh but he looked like a sad b*****d that had accepted humans would no longer interact with him and was now ball deep in a virtual existence of Twitter and illegal streaming.

Going to the pub on your own is fine, but it's also a fine line between that and looking like a VL.

Sorry old chap you can protest as much as you want but as soon as child arrived it was game over.
Acceptance is the first stage...

At least one day I’ll be dead and it will all be over.

MONKMAN is actually posting pics of his solo trip to his local pub where he is drinking Tennent’s. He’s worse than folk who go on holiday to Benidorm who post Facebook updates of their holiday every half hour.

MONKMAN is actually posting pics of his solo trip to his local pub where he is drinking Tennent’s. He’s worse than folk who go on holiday to Benidorm who post Facebook updates of their holiday every half hour.
^^^ jealous

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

Whereas posting updates on their holiday to Sheffield is just fine?