Reasons to be Cheerful

2 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

“Any man that lets their wife clothe or foot them is asking for trouble”- George Bernard Shaw.

If I had to chose my own clothes I’d be in bigger trouble.

Wearing Skechers is like wandering about in slippers.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

If I had to chose my own clothes I’d be in bigger trouble.

Wearing Skechers is like wandering about in slippers.

I've bought them for work before. They wear out awfully quick but that memory foam sole is a dream to walk about on :wub:

I've bought them for work before. They wear out awfully quick but that memory foam sole is a dream to walk about on :wub:
Just bought a pair of Meindl trekking trainers that the style fascists on the trainers thread would probably vomit at on sight. They're like walking on air.

6 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Make the most of this year cause you won’t see him again once he’s married.

He lives in Toronto, so only really see him about once a year anyway. I’m going over there in November and was fully expecting to be going back over for the wedding next summer.

With it being in Italy, I’d imagine more of my friends will be able to make it. 

On 03/08/2018 at 20:42, welshbairn said:
On 03/08/2018 at 20:32, Lisa Cuddy said:

Just bought a pair of Meindl trekking trainers that the style fascists on the trainers thread would probably vomit at on sight. They're like walking on air.

I tend to buy North Face ones but often think I'm just paying for the name.  I'm not a serious hill Walker more just trails etc and too lazy to research other brands properly. Are Meindl worth looking at then? 

19 minutes ago, PWL said:

I tend to buy North Face ones but often think I'm just paying for the name.  I'm not a serious hill Walker more just trails etc and too lazy to research other brands properly. Are Meindl worth looking at then? 

I bought a pair of rambling boots from them and used them mostly for working steel erecting and building work for 4 years, doing 18-36 hour shifts on occasion. My feet were the last thing to suffer. The trainers I just bought are brilliant, hope they last as long. I wouldn't pay more than the minimum for a car as long as it gets you from A-B, but your feet are worth a bit extra imo. Wouldn't go for the hardcore climbing ones if you're mainly on trails, too stiff.

Edited by welshbairn

29 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

41% wasted effort. But congratulations.

Thank you.

Pass mark is 75%, as it is all the way through the course (apart from the safety exams which are 100%). So only 16% effort wasted. Main thing is, I wasn't the lowest so I don't have to buy the cakes tomorrow ;) 

This ain't no picnic, 3 weeks in, 11 weeks left to go, averaging 2 exams a week :rolleyes: However it may make it easier to get a job with BAE when I finish in the RAF so worth doing. 

7 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Thank you.

Pass mark is 75%, as it is all the way through the course (apart from the safety exams which are 100%). So only 16% effort wasted. Main thing is, I wasn't the lowest so I don't have to buy the cakes tomorrow ;) 

This ain't no picnic, 3 weeks in, 11 weeks left to go, averaging 2 exams a week :rolleyes: However it may make it easier to get a job with BAE when I finish in the RAF so worth doing. 

It'll probably be called FGAE by then. (Franco German Aerospace).