Reasons to be Cheerful

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Had been a regular boozer from offies from 14, pubs at 15 and never got ID'd until my last week of university, aged 21. Don't think publicans/shop owners really gave a toss then. 

Happy days.
"Are you 18?"
"Yeah"
Sorted.

I bought my first drink in a pub at 14 and once I started working at 16 and had money, was a regular. The only time I was ever refused was when I was 19, by a coffin dodger in an off-license. I was especially fizzing  because it meant I'd to walk back down a long hill to another shop, then back up the long hill for a second time to where the party was just round the corner from the offie. And it was raining. The c**t.

Then I moved to the USA aged 30 and found I couldn't even get into bars unless I had ID with me.

4 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Happy days.
"Are you 18?"
"Yeah"
Sorted.

I bought my first drink in a pub at 14 and once I started working at 16 and had money, was a regular. The only time I was ever refused was when I was 19, by a coffin dodger in an off-license. I was especially fizzing  because it meant I'd to walk back down a long hill to another shop, then back up the long hill for a second time to where the party was just round the corner from the offie. And it was raining. The c**t.

Then I moved to the USA aged 30 and found I couldn't even get into bars unless I had ID with me.

Our vigilant village shopkeeper would ask “would your mum mind” if buying tobacco, booze or renting 18 videos. Nice old shopkeeper in Dunfermline would come out and ask “wanting booze lads?” if you were hanging about nearby.

6 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/store/?mode=category&ItemID=180

Dumbarton are selling DFC towelling robes, a snip at only £30 + P&P!

image.png.ce44f27f42d2fd9e6beb3cb739391247.png

I like this^^^^ 

Just now, Gaz FFC said:

Dumbarton fans gonnae be wandering the streets on match day all robed up instead of wearing the top?

Because of this^^^^

You be you Dumbarton. Little wonder Froxy chose to play for you guys with this level of effortless #sexy.

Rangers fans can't even buy their replica strips yet we're swanning around in elegant DFC bath robes. 

#winning

Me next week when mine arrives. 

IMG-20180802-WA0001.jpg.12049add04db1b23cde51760ac39fdcd.jpg

Edited by PWL

Our vigilant village shopkeeper would ask “would your mum mind” if buying tobacco, booze or renting 18 videos. Nice old shopkeeper in Dunfermline would come out and ask “wanting booze lads?” if you were hanging about nearby.

Smithies?

15 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
19 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Smithies?

That rings a bell. Opposite police station. 

Just decided to go to Windermere for next weekend. Managed to get tables booked for dinner the Samling and at Hrishi. Copious amounts of wine and excellent food to be consumed.

That really is a reason to be cheerful!
Does The Samling have Michelin stars?
It’s almost my ideal weekend. I’ve checked out the menus & I’m very jealous. Have a great time & please report back on how you found it.
Are you taking your partner?

Will you get your hole? That would be the best weekend ever.

1 hour ago, Brother Blades said:

That really is a reason to be cheerful!
Does The Samling have Michelin stars?
It’s almost my ideal weekend. I’ve checked out the menus & I’m very jealous. Have a great time & please report back on how you found it.
Are you taking your partner?

Will you get your hole? That would be the best weekend ever.

Hrishi does, but The Samling lost its star due to the head chef leaving, although its expected to get it back next year.  Tried to get at a table at The Forest Side, but it's fully booked at such short notice.

Yeah, she'll be there as well so I'd be very disappointed if I didn't.