Reasons to be Cheerful

40 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

The equivalent of 6 months salary hitting my account tomorrow. No shite job to go to on Monday. My liver will post the same thing on the PTTGOYN thread, but f**k it.

Neymar earns the equivalent in a couple of days.

Finish at 12:30pm today and the work are firing on a BBQ and free bevy.  With the weather as it is, it's shaping up to be a belter of a day.  Although, previous runs of these sessions have included under-cooked burgers and cans of Stella which were 6 months out of date, so it's a bit of a lottery.

On 26/06/2018 at 13:41, Brother Blades said:

Very possibly, but it’s the “bucking the trend” aspect that cheers me.

I know plenty of Scottish guys who don’t even have a Scottish team, you know- the c***s that are die-hard Man U, Man City, Chelsea fanatics. 

Not really bucking the trend though. For guys of a certain age, it's very much glory hunting to be an Aberdeen fan from outwith Aberdeen, just like the same way there's folk in their 40s in Oxford and the likes who've grown up supporting Liverpool.

I've been out all day and missed the fitba. Not long home and settled down with a glass of whisky to unwind before bed (it's almost midnight here) and flicking through the TV channels, see they're showing the France-Argentina game again. I know the result obviously but I've nowhere to be tomorrow morning so I think I'll give it a watch. 

It’s my last day working for my currently employer and as such, not that I’ve done much at all the past couple of week, I’ve given myself the afternoon off to watch Spain Russia.

I’m home tomorrow, for 24 days off before starting with my new employer towards the end of July.

The forecast remains delightful, so I intend to get pissed and watch football for the next couple of weeks.

Petty theft. Helping myself to the cup-a-soups in the yard which are supposed to be for punters, eating some c**t else's biscuits out the work's kitchen, taking a salt shaker or a side plate home from a restaurant, I just love completely uneccessary petty theft. Brightens my day no end. Especially if it annoys someone by inconveniencing them in a minor way. Today's was taking the wooden coffee stirrers  from the self service bit in Greggs at lunchtime and leaving none for anyone else. Going to a country house for an overnight at the end of the month, I'm going to fucking rinse the place.

33 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Petty theft. Helping myself to the cup-a-soups in the yard which are supposed to be for punters, eating some c**t else's biscuits out the work's kitchen, taking a salt shaker or a side plate home from a restaurant, I just love completely uneccessary petty theft. Brightens my day no end. Especially if it annoys someone by inconveniencing them in a minor way. Today's was taking the wooden coffee stirrers  from the self service bit in Greggs at lunchtime and leaving none for anyone else. Going to a country house for an overnight at the end of the month, I'm going to fucking rinse the place.

This.  Love a good low level petty choring spree. 

I went to see my dad (*RIP) a couple of weeks back and his cupboard was rammed with the wee sugar sachets from Costa.  Sum boi.

.download%20(2).jpeg

49 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Where do you stand on jooking the train?  I love a good jook, even if it's just a station or two.

1 minute ago, Boghead ranter said:

Where do you stand on jooking the train?  I love a good jook, even if it's just a station or two.

Completely in favour of it. Given how costly and unreliable the trains generally are, I consider it fair game. A victimless crime. I consider any free trip, whether it be from Singer to Dalmuir, or Balloch to Belgrade to be a personal win.

19 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

This.  Love a good low level petty choring spree. 

I went to see my dad (*RIP) a couple of weeks back and his cupboard was rammed with the wee sugar sachets from Costa.  Sum boi.

Was it the diabetes that got him?