Reasons to be Cheerful

1 hour ago, Sweet Pete said:

Petty theft. Helping myself to the cup-a-soups in the yard which are supposed to be for punters, eating some c**t else's biscuits out the work's kitchen, taking a salt shaker or a side plate home from a restaurant, I just love completely uneccessary petty theft. Brightens my day no end. Especially if it annoys someone by inconveniencing them in a minor way. Today's was taking the wooden coffee stirrers  from the self service bit in Greggs at lunchtime and leaving none for anyone else. Going to a country house for an overnight at the end of the month, I'm going to fucking rinse the place.

Anything not nailed down is fair game imo

34 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

This.  Love a good low level petty choring spree. 

I went to see my dad (*RIP) a couple of weeks back and his cupboard was rammed with the wee sugar sachets from Costa.  Sum boi.

My da would always take us round MFI in Inverness of a Saturday and help himself to wee decorative touches from the display kitchens, the sit them around the cornice of his own wall cabinets at home, mostly glass bottles filled with coloured water. He was also fond of taking the salt & pepper shakers or glasses from that American themed restaurant in Inverness that had all the memorabilia (read: shite) on the walls and ceilings (sure there was a branch in Aviemore too). He must have ten sets of salt shakers at home. Must be where I got it from.

3 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

My da would always take us round MFI in Inverness of a Saturday and help himself to wee decorative touches from the display kitchens, the sit them around the cornice of his own wall cabinets at home, mostly glass bottles filled with coloured water. He was also fond of taking the salt & pepper shakers or glasses from that American themed restaurant in Inverness that had all the memorabilia (read: shite) on the walls and ceilings (sure there was a branch in Aviemore too). He must have ten sets of salt shakers at home. Must be where I got it from.

That’s tremendous.  It’s a great genetic trait to have.

The last thing I knowingly pinched was a 25p tin of Sainsbury's own brand baked beans.  I noticed them hidden underneath the bags in my trolley after I had unloaded it.  I chose not to take them out.

My shopping on that occasion was £140.

Sainsbury's 0 - 1 KnightswoodBear

7 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

A man after my own heart. I'll take an extra branded notepad and box of hankies for you.

Hotel victories are by far the most satisfying, be alert, nit pick like f**k and demand to see the manager when you check out. Had many a free night, meal or upgrade out of it

1 minute ago, heedthebaa said:

Hotel victories are by far the most satisfying, be alert, nit pick like f**k and demand to see the manager when you check out. Had many a free night, meal or upgrade out of it

Got £30 off the cost of a night in some place in Dumfries a few years ago because I found an empty shoebox in one of the drawers in my room.

5 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

The last thing I knowingly pinched was a 25p tin of Sainsbury's own brand baked beans.  I noticed them hidden underneath the bags in my trolley after I had unloaded it.  I chose not to take them out.

My shopping on that occasion was £140.

Sainsbury's 0 - 1 KnightswoodBear

Capture.PNG.3429f93dfc7d595b76cb4f055564d704.PNG

5 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Got £30 off the cost of a night in some place in Dumfries a few years ago because I found an empty shoebox in one of the drawers in my room.

Excellent, Shy bairns get nowt 

This started as a PTTGOYN but has now developed into a reason to be cheerful. This morning our Health and Safety guy came into the office and said that there would be a review of footwear worn by office staff as there had been a complaint about what some folk were wearing when walking through the factory.  Initially this annoyed me as I thought we were all going to be forced to wear safety shoes/boots despite not actually needing them, but it turns out one of the women in the upstairs office has complained that other women are wearing "weak" shoes on the shop floor and men are not concerned. Upon hearing this all of the women are darting around the factory to speak to other women - "have ye heard whit that fuckin' coo up the stair is sayin'?!" and it's brilliant watching.  The H&S guy is pretty pissed off, he genuinely didn't give a shit because they were office staff but now a complaint has been made to managers he needs to act on it.  Apparently "stout" footwear should now be worn by all women, debate is currently raging on what the f**k stout footwear is. One women proudly stating she was going to come in with two cans of Guinness strapped to her feet. H&S manager has called a meeting for managers to clarify the situation.  This is not over.

Made hot and sour soup as well as slow cooked pork tenderloin marinaded in dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar and honey for dinner tonight. The house is filled with delightful aromas!

Grounds for divorce if the wife doesn't put out after this tonight I'd say!

On 03/07/2018 at 15:13, heedthebaa said:

I'm all in favour of petty theft but getting some poor cleaner in the shit to save a few quid is scummy behaviour imo.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm all in favour of petty theft but getting some poor cleaner in the shit to save a few quid is scummy behaviour imo.

Aye, not fond of that behaviour. My ex's family were a bit like that. We'd go out for meals and it would be lovely, everyone would be enjoying it then at some point during the main one of them would complain about their meal and make enough noise about it that they would get something off or a free round of drinks.  Was a total embarrassment sitting at the table.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I’ve never, nor would I ever dob anyone in to get a freebie

3 hours ago, sjc said:

Made hot and sour soup as well as slow cooked pork tenderloin marinaded in dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar and honey for dinner tonight. The house is filled with delightful aromas!

Grounds for divorce if the wife doesn't put out after this tonight I'd say!

You smooth talking devil you