Reasons to be Cheerful

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Arranged to meet wife and daughter at pub for dinner at 5. Now one of them has to go to a&e for a sore ankle so I can have a few beers and watch the football in peace. 

Image result for wtf gif

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Arranged to meet wife and daughter at pub for dinner at 5. Now one of them has to go to a&e for a sore ankle so I can have a few beers and watch the football in peace. 

Hopefully you mean “with a sore ankle”.  I’m surprised you have a child old enough to go to the pub.

Im also surprised you have a wife.

_20180622_080539.JPG

16 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Strategic slide tackle?

13 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Just back to work after a few days off, and nobody's changed my seat settings for once.

More of a PTTGOYN, but I went into work yesterday morning and was greeted with the sight of my monitors, keyboard and phone in different places to where I had left them the night before, thanks to the cleaners. Took me ten minutes to get everything sorted back to the way I like it. Wasn’t best pleased.

2 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

More of a PTTGOYN, but I went into work yesterday morning and was greeted with the sight of my monitors, keyboard and phone in different places to where I had left them the night before, thanks to the cleaners. Took me ten minutes to get everything sorted back to the way I like it. Wasn’t best pleased.

yeah, it's like when you actually knock your rear-view mirror in the car, you never get back to the exact way it was.

Watched the England game last night in a pub that is usually mainly populated by Indian, Chinese & a smattering of Europeans. Last night it was pretty busy with English guys (fair enough), one of the guys there is an older guy, who I’ve exchanged pleasantries with in the past- anyway, before England scored he used the term “wog” to describe one of the Panamanians.
I asked him to curb his racism which he duly did.
That’s not my RTBC, another English guy arrived just as England went 2-0 up & promptly told the other guys “have they mentioned 66 yet? It’s embarrassing you lot are wetting your pants”
To cut a long story not very short, the chap sat next to me & told me he was from Wigan & asked where I was from, I told him Montrose & he said he had been there on the way back from watching Aberdeen. Turns out he has no interest in English football, has followed Aberdeen since he was a child despite having no connection to the city - he liked their strip & started supporting them purely because of that. We then had a pleasant evening discussing the merits of old firm / new firm in the 80’s, Aberdeen’s UEFA cup win, Super Cup etc. Thoroughly nice guy. That’s my RTBC.

2 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

Watched the England game last night in a pub that is usually mainly populated by Indian, Chinese & a smattering of Europeans. Last night it was pretty busy with English guys (fair enough), one of the guys there is an older guy, who I’ve exchanged pleasantries with in the past- anyway, before England scored he used the term “wog” to describe one of the Panamanians.
I asked him to curb his racism which he duly did.
That’s not my RTBC, another English guy arrived just as England went 2-0 up & promptly told the other guys “have they mentioned 66 yet? It’s embarrassing you lot are wetting your pants”
To cut a long story not very short, the chap sat next to me & told me he was from Wigan & asked where I was from, I told him Montrose & he said he had been there on the way back from watching Aberdeen. Turns out he has no interest in English football, has followed Aberdeen since he was a child despite having no connection to the city - he liked their strip & started supporting them purely because of that. We then had a pleasant evening discussing the merits of old firm / new firm in the 80’s, Aberdeen’s UEFA cup win, Super Cup etc. Thoroughly nice guy. That’s my RTBC.

If that story was about a guy from Aberdeen who supported Nottingham Forest, you'd have been calling him everything.

21 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

If that story was about a guy from Aberdeen who supported Nottingham Forest, you'd have been calling him everything.

Very possibly, but it’s the “bucking the trend” aspect that cheers me.

I know plenty of Scottish guys who don’t even have a Scottish team, you know- the c***s that are die-hard Man U, Man City, Chelsea fanatics. 

21 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said: