East Reconstruction

Fife Journeyman

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so rosyth,crossgates,lochgelly albert,thornton and steelend join edinburgh,haddington and rest of the existing south divison for next season.am i right?

That would seem to be the likely outcome at the moment

Teams in premier league will have a big travel bill...it all sounds great talking about reconstruction but there is a reality check to come for teams.

What's going to happen? Clubs are going to get the first fixtures, check out the atlas and go "Ooooh fuuu..."?

Think a few will be saying Ooooh fuuuu just now as things get tighter. Nice to see you make light of what is a problem coming along I fear

I'm just slightly more optimistic. People predict decimation everytime something changes. Hasn't happened yet.

Then again had I kept scrolling I would have seen it's already been done in the appropriate thread. Not that common sense comes into it very often when decisions are made at any level of Scottish football but didn't teams move between leagues pre-reconstruction? For example I think Newburgh used to play in the old Perthshire League in the 60's maybe even 70's and could have moved back and forth a few times and think from a dark recess in one of those brain cells that remain Coupar Angus and a club no more Alyth United played mainly in the Forfarshire League rather than the Perthshire League . Money is a concern for clubs that might find themselves on the wrong of the designated imaginary border but surely all clubs want to play in a higher division (don't be too concerned I try to take my meds as often as possible and I have to go back for some more tests very soon) so an imaginary border is irrelevant. No team is surely going to face some of the problems that have occurred under the Pyramid System in Hingerland that's seen Oxford City, Worcester City and others stuck in a Northern Division. I blame it on the glass of water, I wasn't havering when the beer & red wine was flowing!

Yes a bus from west lothian over to fife is a few hundred quid now. Most clubs have money to throw around, dont know what I am thinking about. Have a go at balancing the books at some of our cubs.

Hiring a bus to go anywhere costs a few hundred quid. Solution: don't hire a bus. Revolutionary I know. Make the players car share and give 5 drivers a tenner each. Unless they're driving Bentleys that should cover Kirkcaldy to Livingston and back or whatever.

Yes a bus from west lothian over to fife is a few hundred quid now. Most clubs have money to throw around, dont know what I am thinking about. Have a go at balancing the books at some of our cubs.

Are you actually aware of how many South Division clubs hire buses for league games currently? you may not need many fingers to count, also, do you think say Blackburn to Tranent or Haddington or Dunbar is closer than Blackburn to Crossgates, Rosyth or Steelend?

The reconstruction was voted through overwhelmingly and its an insult to suggest that those that voted for it didn't know what they were getting into. It was, and remains, the best overall solution for the Region.

This was a crazy decision voted through by clubs who thought they would get a quick pass to the Super League !!! Some of those clubs will never get there and the sensible clubs who voted against the proposal will be punished financially with travel costs and midweek games causing a real problem.

It wasn't a crazy decision, it was one which was discussed, alternatives looked at, amendments suggested, all over the course of 12 months and then voted on. Just because you didn't want it, doesn't make it "crazy".

Crazy in what way, what do you know that all the other clubs who voted for it don't know?

here's the first problem, at the moment the south league has 19 teams so far and the north league has 13, then what about next season if four lothian and fife teams get relegated, that makes the north league with 11 teams and the south 21, so on and so on.

Do you think its fair to juggle teams about and put them in different leagues because of this madness, one year the south next year the premier then the next year you could be in the north, what alot of SHITE.

here's the first problem, at the moment the south league has 19 teams so far and the north league has 13, then what about next season if four lothian and fife teams get relegated, that makes the north league with 11 teams and the south 21, so on and so on.

Do you think its fair to juggle teams about and put them in different leagues because of this madness, one year the south next year the premier then the next year you could be in the north, what alot of SHITE.

Where do you get 19 teams in South league,at present there's only 14 now that Spartans have left.

Ah break the law you mean..sorry never thought of that.

Sorry to jump into the thread but this comment is a bit puzzling - what is breaking the law? When I was on the Pollok committee, latterly the only people travelling to the game by bus was the committee. The players overall travelled independently.Travelling in such a way to an away game would constitute expenses and I'm fairly sure these would have been claimed.

So lets get this straight. On here and in Fife Football it has been confirmed Star Hearts are in the East Juniors.

For some reason no-one has declared whether North or South.

Anyway I thought the reconstruction was to make the Regional Leagues balanced at 16 each if 32 were in existence.

I then here the proposal voted through declared Newburgh the most southern North team.

I now hear Lochore publically declaring they are in the North.

No word from Thornton.

Surely this was settled at the meeting yesterday.

Surely this was settled at the meeting yesterday.

Yesterday was the SJFA AGM. They don't administer the leagues - that's the Regions' remit. The East Region AGM is this week, I think

Sent between two tin cans using a bit of string

Archived